Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I stand Corrected..OOPS!!! :0

Length
    1/23/35

Default I stand Corrected..OOPS!!! :0

Now, remember, I am new here I measured my hair the day I joined here with a measuring tape, the kind in the hard plastic thing, with the tape thing that wont bend! I wasnt sure if it was accurate so I was fianlly able to get one of those soft measuring things, from the sewing isle (the exact terms for stuff is lost on me tonight)

So I was wrong, my hair isnt 17 inches, it is 18 1/2 but I was close! As I was holding it up to my scalp I saw ho long 38 inches would be which 'was' my goal length! Wayyyy too long for me!!

So my new, closer to realistic goal is 30 inches!! I'd rather not have it able to fall into my butt when I shower and stuff...which reminds me of so many questions I have of really long hair people but wont dare ask
    SunshineHair's Hair!

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: I stand Corrected..OOPS!!! :0

I feel the same way, I guess it's one of those things where you adapt to situations as you need to. Mine has only ever been to waist and that's my current goal. I might venture lower but I'll see how I go.

Juliette

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineHair View Post
    Now, remember, I am new here I measured my hair the day I joined here with a measuring tape, the kind in the hard plastic thing, with the tape thing that wont bend! I wasnt sure if it was accurate so I was fianlly able to get one of those soft measuring things, from the sewing isle (the exact terms for stuff is lost on me tonight)

So I was wrong, my hair isnt 17 inches, it is 18 1/2 but I was close! As I was holding it up to my scalp I saw ho long 38 inches would be which 'was' my goal length! Wayyyy too long for me!!

So my new, closer to realistic goal is 30 inches!! I'd rather not have it able to fall into my butt when I shower and stuff...which reminds me of so many questions I have of really long hair people but wont dare ask
    That is so funny! There are actually posts here and there about that same problem.... I just started have that issue w/ sheds in the shower...

You would probably have a good giggle or two reading the "You know you are a longhair when...." thread.....
    Let me see if I can get a link for you (I am having trouble w/ the link)
    here it is
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ead.php?t=2902
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    1/23/35

I have been reading a little from that thread for days, love the comments LOL
    SunshineHair's Hair!

Length
    17/29/30-32
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

LOL I also wonder what they do if their hair is that long!!!

Length
    fried/WL35/48-tm
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Haha, you just reminded me of a segment of a daytime talkshow I saw when I was a kid, of a group of girls with LONG hair cutting it off for charity.... One of them had this stone cold look on her face when she was asked why she was cutting it and she said, "This hair gets into every crevice of my body."

Length
    Jaw/TB/Butt
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

It does...

Length
    Short/29/32
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Just curious, where are you measuring from? I believe the "official" way to measure here is from the front of your hairline on your forehead down the middle of your back. Looking at your avatar that should probably give you a much longer measurement than 18.5". My hair is a fairly similar length (though I'm 6'7" and curly), and mine's close to 30" using that method.

Length
    1/23/35

TheEndlessOcean I measure from the hairline down the side, the 'very' middle of my back has a tiny bit that is slightly longer (due to my lack of perfesional cutting skills) So I am going from the shortest point of my hair...

The back I will eventually even up as time goes on so I'd rather list my shortest hairs, so at least when I even it I wont feel like I have lost length

Love your name on here!
    SunshineHair's Hair!

Length
    Short/29/32
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

TheEndlessOcean I measure from the hairline down the side, the 'very' middle of my back has a tiny bit that is slightly longer (due to my lack of perfesional cutting skills) So I am going from the shortest point of my hair...

The back I will eventually even up as time goes on so I'd rather list my shortest hairs, so at least when I even it I wont feel like I have lost length
    That would explain it then, having to go across your head adds a lot of length

Love your name on here!
    Thanks!