11 23.91%
  • other- please explain

10 21.74%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: >>>Poll for Protein Users<<<

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default >>>Poll for Protein Users<<<

After you rinse out your protein treatment, do you condition or just go? Explain why.

I do both. It just depends on what mood I am in.

Length
    25.5/21.5/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: >>>Poll for Protein Users<<<

I scrunch both EVOO and conditioner in, before rinsing. Wary of crunchies due to too much protein/not enough moisture.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I do both... if my hair feels really silky and smooth after I rinse the protein out I"ll just leave it at that. If it feels tangly and such I'll condition. I do it both ways evenly. When I rinse out the protein treatments and just go I find my hair air dries really sleek and smooth.

Sissy

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Does anyone know if the protein treatment may not have as strong as of an effect if you one conditions right after?

Length
    pixie/23"/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

A really good protien product I used was by L'anza. It was a protien leave-in conditioner. I used it after shampooing and conditioning. I loved it, but now it's gone..

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

When I do a deep treatment on my hair, I do it like this: Shampoo, then protein conditioner, moisturizing conditioner, porosity control conditioner, then a touch of oil.

Rinse thoroughly after each step, keep each conditioner on my hair for about 15 minutes, usually with heat, then rinse, rinse, rinse.

The oil I use is pretty light, the VO5 Showerworks hot oil, it doesn't leave much behind, which is what I want.

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I voted other, because what I do is rather unique. After I do my protein treatment, usually I will actually clarify at least partially so that I can remove any excess protein I don't want to leave in my hair. I usually will use a little bit of shampoo to help clarify my hair right after I do a protein treatment. Everything I do conditioning and oiling wise contains a healthy amount of protein, so for me I do need to clarify. I will elaborate on why this is. My hair does need protein. However, it needs the right balance. Too much, and my hair gets hard and I can actually feel the buildup of protein with my hands.

The natural protein treatments I do include mayonnaise treatments and I have also beaten raw eggs. I beat the egg whites along with the egg yolk like I'm scrambling eggs, then apply that directly onto my scalp and hair. I'll leave that on for an hour and then rinse it out with warm but not hot water, because hot water will cook the egg mixture, and as much as I love to eat eggs I don't prefer to have them stuck on my hair! Right after that is rinsed out, I will as I've said before use a little bit of shampoo to wash out my hair. I only need one small shampooing to remove the excess protein. After this shampoo, I will use the same conditioner I use to CO with every night and then I'm done! Yes, I know this is a long process!

Length
    Pixie/TBL/Fins
    Type
    2b/M/iii

I voted other because tonight was the first time I did a 'protein' treatment. It's labeled as a conditioning treatment, but it has a lot of protein in it, so I am counting it as that. I didn't condition afterwards, since the product said not to, and I am starting to wish I did. While my hair is not gross, I just know it is more satin-like when it has had is conditioner soak after I have showered. In the past, I have done Mayo treatments and I did condition then, but this time I left it up to the product and while I liked it (Hask: Henna 'N' Placenta), I would definitely condition after it in the future.

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I just realized today that my hair does not like protein so I won't be using too much of it in the future.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

My protein treatments are usually Yogurt in henna or buttermilk in fenugreek, which tend to be all in one herbal packs. Thus I don't use any commercial product after them. SO I guess it's protein and go type thing for me.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights