Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do older people comment on your hair a lot?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Do older people comment on your hair a lot?

I find that I get a lot of compliments on my hair from older people (say 70 and up?). I had a lady stop me yesterday just to tell me how she loved my hair. As long as I am showing the length it happens. I wonder if they remember THEIR mothers and grandmothers wearing long hair and are sad that you don't see it that much anymore? Around here there are few people with hair past BSL at all so I guess I stand out. I just think it's so sweet and they seem so happy to tell me how pretty they think it is! Anyone else get this?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    Short/Tlb/Knee?

Default Re: Do older people comment on your hair a lot?

Yes, I've gotten this too! I get Grandma and Grandpa-type folks telling me my hair reminds them of 'so-and-so' or that it looks lovely, etc. I, personally, love it and it can be a way to strike up a conversation

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I had a single, down-the-back braid during my 2-1/2 days on the train recently. Even though it was getting rattier-looking by the day, I got two compliments on it, both from older people (70s or so). But I wouldn't say I get comments from older people a lot.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

9 out of 10 hair comments are from women who are older than me. Keep in mind 10 comments are about 2 years of hair comments for me. When my mom was in the nursing home, I would get a comment from one of the residents now and then. I had a nice comment at a county fair summer before last on my bun from an older lady. That's been about it. It's rare I get a comment from someone my age or younger.

I am not here to decorate your world

Account Closed by Member Request

I wonder if it is also something to do with 'older' people feeling more free to offer compliments.

I haven't had any hair compliments, but I do get a lot of attention with my pram. We have one of those single three-wheeler sporty numbers with an extra seat clicked on the back and when I'm going round town I often get 'grandma' types coming over to compliment the pram (and the kids too ) and we have a wee chat about how nifty it is .

I do tend to get more complements from older women. I guess it's because they are most free and open about discussion, than in their earlier years of youth IDK! They are so nice to talk to as well! I could have a great lengthy discussion with and older lady far more often than a woman my age! lol

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

No I don't get these compliments but I'm really glad to hear your stories!

Quote Originally Posted by MsBubbles View Post
    No I don't get these compliments but I'm really glad to hear your stories!
    MrBubbles, you need to go out right now, and get one!
    Your missing out on some good stuff! haha!

Length
    12/TB/more
    Type
    3a/3b/C/iii

The compliment that really stands out to me was when I was 13 or 14. A long while ago. I was at a laundromat and had hair around my bummy back in a ponytail that happened to clump in one big curl that day and the compliment was made by an elderly woman. She just loved it and everything about it. The curl. The color. The length. The texture. The thickness. Back then I blushed at everything so the attention was a little un-nerving but she seemed like a nice person...

I've also had the opposite happen. The lady across the street is over 90, and she HATES long hair. She keeps asking when I'm getting mine cut, and when I'm going to cut my DD's hair.

You just never know what people (of ANY age) are thinking.

RCHORR'