Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A sign I saw...

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Default A sign I saw...

I walked to the convenience store last night to grab something-- it's just up the block. I passed several assorted shops on the way, all of which were closed for the night. All of them had posters and flyers in the windows, advertising sales or community events, and I usually look at them as I pass. This time, one of them kind of gave me the creeps, and I immediately thought of all of you guys and wondered what you'd think of this. So here it is, if I can get it to post right... I'll type what it says below in case it's not readable; it was dark and all I had was my phone camera.

It says:
    Locks of Love and (name removed) Benefit
    Saturday, October 3, 2009
    (Name, address, and phone number of business removed)
    Auction begins at 7 p.m. Lots of donated gift baskets and other items of interest. The highest bidder actually gets to cut the hair of several generous people willing to donate their long hair for the cause!
    All proceeds will be divided between Locks of Love and (name removed) of (town removed), who was struck by a car and seriously injured. Proceeds will help pay for her continued medical care.

Several things seem off to me here... The fact that people will be competing for the right to cut some stranger's hair off seems a little weird to me. I also don't understand why Locks of Love is involved when the person was hit by a car, not diagnosed with cancer or alopecia or anything that LoL would be connected to.

Whaddaya think?

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: A sign I saw...

That's really not awesome at all.

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    3"/midbk/None.

Very weird. O.o Sounds like someone was doing a LoL fund raiser, then someone got hit by a car and decided to split the profits between the two causes.

I think I'd like the flyer if you removed 'Locks of Love' and the only 'winner cuts people's hair off' bit.
    Hi. o.o I'm Fifty-Five, or, more lovingly known as, 55. I'm new, but I don't bite.
    If you don't mind, though, I may nibble just a bit.
    Hiatus. =/

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    pixie/hip/TBL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Maybe the person lost their hair in the car accident....

WTH?!!? A woman was seriously injured in a car accident - just give her all the funds! Sounds like the host of this deal was well meaning but a little goofy.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Sounds like a haircut pervert's dream come true. Ick.

I am not here to decorate your world

Creeeeeeeepy. Yes please let a bunch of perfverts with a hair ****** bid on the opertunity to cut my hair. I feel dirty thinking about it even.

Banned
    Type
    1a/C/iii

I truly feel bad for whoever was in the car accident. He or she receives all my prayers, I hope you recover from your injuries.

As for Locks of Love, all I have to say are some choice four letter words that would be bleeped out.

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

See, what Carolyn and bigevilgrape said is exactly what went through my mind when I read that. Maybe it won't be that way; maybe a friend or acquaintance of the volunteer will bid hard to win, because it's someone they know. On the other hand, this situation is wide open for one of those pervos to come in and have a field day.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind went there!

Length
    CHIN/APL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

Creepy... Winner gets to cut the hair off. All the ******ist must be lining up like hot cakes.