Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Cut My Hair - (Picture Heavy!)

Default I Cut My Hair - (Picture Heavy!)

Hi Folks,

Years ago, I had beautiful long hair - and I really believed that. Then for some reason, it started thinning, and I became more and more unhappy with it. I don't know if it was just age related, or what. I struggled with the cutting for a long time. I never wore my hair down (and I got comments on how thin it on the rare occasion that people saw it down.) Also, I felt that cutting my hair would be appropriate to go with the huge life changes that I have experienced lately - the joy of marrying and starting a new life and the anguish of leaving my family and having that situation turn out rather sad.

I did self cutting twice - about a month ago, and a few days ago. I figured I would upload some pictures of my hair in action, so to speak, to give you an idea of it's character. I was just realizing that most of my hair pictures are just of my hair up or down, arranged just so, and I know that it isn't an accurate representation of my hair.

So here are pics! I hope I haven't uploaded too many.

The front.

The back (eep! I can see how crooked it is now!)

The front.

A ponytail! I haven't been comfortable wearing my hair like this for a long time.

My little ponytail from the front.

Excuse the face. I've been told enough times that I need to wear makeup

And a hairstyle that I have always liked, and wanted to wear but couldn't bring myself to do!

And there you have it! I had thought about cutting my hair about shoulder length, but I don't think I'm going to anymore. I can't bear the thought of short hair, and somehow I can convince myself that I still have long hair. I would love to grow it out thicker, but unless something changes in my head, I guess I'll be keeping it around this length.

I also have gone back on my decision not to cut my hair till 2010 But all is well, I feel a lot more comfortable with my hair, and I had no idea of the life changes that would be happening between '08 and '10!
    Last edited by busnutmedic; September 21st, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

Default Re: I Cut My Hair - (Picture Heavy!)

Apparently I did upload too many, because I got a notice saying so when I tried to post

So here are the rest of the pics:

From the side-ish.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Maybe you can find a good hair routine that works for you (to help you shed less maybe) and maintain your current length while more thickness catches up. I think your half up ponytail looks great... and you don't *need* to wear make-up. Don't excuse your face. Your joyous smile lightens up your look more than any make-up ever could.

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

And I forgot to mention... congratulations on getting married! I just recently married too. Enjoy your new life.

Length
    22/28/waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I think your hair looks lovely at that length. If you were unhappy with the ends, then cutting it was the right thing to do. I like half pony's as well; the best of both worlds...up and down at the same time!
    Lady Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Oh, wow. How beautiful it looks, particularly those romantic face-framing waves in the front. Did you cut very long bangs by any chance, or does your hair just naturally do that?

It is absolutely gorgeous. When my hair grows up (down) it wants to be your hair.

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Congrats on getting married!

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being happy with your hair! That's the most important part of your hair journey - your own happiness. If it made you happier to cut your hair, then more power to you, and congrats on your GOOD decision. The hair in your photos looks very healthy and shiny, and it frames your face well when it's pulled to the front. You look beautiful!
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Busnutmedic, never excuse your own face! You have a beautiful smile and your eye colour is stunning - never mind those great shaped brows. Make up, meh - wear it if you want, dont let anyone tell you that you need to.

I love your half-up pony. Half-ups are so elegant. The full pony takes years off you too

Congratulations on your new length and healthy ends!
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    ??/56/??
    Type
    2a/M/iii

The most important thing is your own happiness. You sound and look happy that you cut your hair, so it was definitely the right decision. Your hair looks really pretty in the half-up and ponytail.

2a/M/iii - 56 inches

Length
    pixie/43/term
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The new haircut is very cute! I think it suits your look nicely, and is still quite long.