Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dull dry hair

Length
    16"/21"/30"
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default dull dry hair

How can I make my hair more shiny atm its dry and very dull from coloring, I have about 2"s medium brown roots and the ends are like a dark blonde/light brown its looking horrible atm I dont want to colour it anymore because Im trying to grow out my natural colour. Ive tried serums and lots of conditioner but its not working.....

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Re: dull dry hair

Have you tried clarifying? you might have build-up from all the serums and conditioners.

Length
    12/25/Knee
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

The ends of my hair are very dry from perm and sun. I use Aussie shampoo and Conditioner, and always leave in conditoner. I have started oiling the day before I wash and bun it. That has helped it alot. I know some people put protein in their hair to help it. I haven't tried that yet. Maybe vinegar rinse will help with the shine

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Have a vegetable-based color glaze like Redken Shades or Paul Mitchel Shines put on your hair. It will richen up your ends without affecting your new growth, soften the line of your roots, and add gobs of shine.

It won't add moisture, so if your problem is dry hair, you'll need to do a deep conditioning treatment first, but if it's just dullness, those are a great solution.

Length
    21'/24'/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii

I have noticed a big difference in shine when I use vinegar or tea rinces at the end of my bath but make sure that either of them is cold it seals your hair cuticule and brings out the shine... Also if you havent already done it use less hair products to keep your hair from getting dull. One other thing I noticed a difference with is taking fish oil supplements they make my hair and my face glow.

Length
    neck/shld/APL
    Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i

ACV rinse helps my hair shine. For continued shine, I do a gloss treatment at home about every 2 months.
    May 2010

Redophile / redophobe
    Length
    shdr/shdr/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

EVOO. It's one of those things that makes already well moisturized hair icky, but works wonders on dryness.

Length
    chin/18/BSL
    Type
    1c/F/M/i

Just a tad of coconut or sweet almond oil works for me. After my hair is dry I rub just a bit together in my hands and then lightly sweep them over the canopy of my hair. Cool water rinses might help too.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Jojoba or coconut oil works wonders for me - I have a few inches of old, old dyed hair that does seem to look duller than my virgin hair, and just a tiny drop of either oil rubbed into the ends of my hair really brings out a ton of shine. I apply it just like cakebaker explained.

Also, there is a difference between that lacquered, mirror-like shine that dyed, silicone-drenched hair has compared to the multi-dimensional sheen of healthy, virgin hair. I've come to appreciate the way my virgin hair looks like, even though it's not anything like the manes you see in hair commercials.
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

I agree with the posts before me.... coconut oil really proofed to be a miracle for my hair.
    You can either put a good amount before washing as a curing treatment and/ or after washing, then only a little bit (experimenting required here), which is nevertheless very helpful and good for hair.
    Good luck!