Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Debating a chop- stop me!

Length
    24/35/35
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Exclamation Debating a chop- stop me!

I'm so close to getting to the end of my second summer growing!

But a cute short cut that I can dye all kinds of colors is starting to tempt me.

Help!

Waisting away

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Debating a chop- stop me!

Itching, isn't it? Eyes on the prize. You were short already, and you decided to grow it out, for a reason. It takes time.

You're 2c/3a, I thought I was too but lately I'm discovering so much curl action in my hair that I'm not sure anymore. If you want a change or something hair-related to occupy yourself with, why don't you discover your curls? If you'd hover over naturallycurly picture threads - they seem to have the most amazing curls!

In any case, don't forget the 2-week rule in case you do decide to got for it.

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    1a/F/ii

(It's totally up to you of course but since you're asking...) DON'T DO IT!!! How's that? Ummm....lets see....YOU'LL REGRET IT!!!!!!!!!!! How about.......IT TAKES FOREVER TO GROW BACK!!!! You will have to go through all the frustration of the growing out process (think UGLY PHASE....Help!!!!!!!!!)

If none of these makes you say well maybe I don't want to do it then just cut it.

I have cut several times and always regretting not too long after wards. I'm not getting any younger and when I think back to the times it was getting pretty long and I cut it's frustrating. As everyone always says two week rule. It is your hair after all so in the end the decision is totally up to you.

I wish you the best as you decide.

Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jules diamond View Post

But a cute short cut that I can dye all kinds of colors is starting to tempt me.

Help!
    Well if you want to dye it cool colours why don't you just bleach one strand that you can then dye and leave the rest? Or you could cut in a fringe and dye that??
    "The reward for conformity is that everybody likes you except yourself" - Rita Mae Brown

Length
    SL/SL/long!
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Well if you want to dye it cool colours why don't you just bleach one strand that you can then dye and leave the rest? Or you could cut in a fringe and dye that??
    Great idea- Or perhaps you could dye the tips?

I've been there done that- I used to dye my hair all the time so when I wanted to back to my roots I chopped my BSL hair into a pixie cut as it was so fried... it's took me almost 4 years to get it back to BSL, with a few hairdressers bweing far too scissor-happy, and that annoying inbetween stage that takes months has put me off putting any more harsh dyes on it.

Perhaps a herbal dye like henna, cassia or indigo might be nice and non-damaging though? I'm considering maybe doing this myself...

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

What about buying some clip-in strands of crazy-colored hair? Play around with hair toys and bandannas. If I was you, I wouldn't cut. Maybe a trim if it makes you feel better. But to have short hair again and knowing that the length you have now is months away...? Puh-lease.

Of course this is only true if you really really really want to have long hair and feel that your inner self image has long hair and that you have to let it grow. There are many people greatly happy with short cuts that they dye and change and re-cut and style and treat like a fashion accessory. That's fine and can look very nice, too. If you want it and still apply the TLHC rules of gentle hair care ;-), even better.

The journey towards long hair should be pleasurable, not frustrating. If your heart's desire is shorter hair, go ahead.

But if you are a longhair at heart, don't cut. Take two weeks, look inside yourself, meditate about it or request a dream before you go to sleep.

And after you decide and cut or don't: don't regret it. Leave the decision behind and forget it.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I am w/ Chrissy.... wait the two week rule.
    I cut mine a ton of times when it was about your length (usually for something cute and fun, or feeling more styled or frustration at stages). I ALWAYS loved it when I had it done.... then a few months later, not so much so. Then I would see pictures of my "longer" hair and kick myself. This time I am pushing thru until waist. There are days I love my hair and days I don't (awkward stage).
    Obviously it is totally up to you, I know a ton of girls who look darling with short hair.... just make sure it is not just a momentary itch you will regret.
    good luck!
    Last edited by marikamt; September 13th, 2009 at 08:56 AM.
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    bob/MB/WL
    Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Jules diamond View Post

Help!
    I agree with the other posters. Please just put it up for a month and forget about it. Get yourself some fun accessories if you wear them ever, like a new pair of earrings or a scarf, or a new lipstick--anything to sort of brighten up what you see in the mirror without changing your hair. Or add novelty to your routine--a new scent of Suave can be yours for only $1 and change. I have always regretted cuts and dye; they are very hard on curly hair.

There, I hope I stopped the chop!

Lady Tangocurl of the Scepter-Twined Tresses in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.
    Currently BSL in the back when stretched, and a couple inches shy of BSL in the front. Very basic 3a. No cones. No heat styling.

Length
    apl/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/C/iii

Buy a cute hair toy instead. Flexi-8s aren't too expensive and you can use them a lot of different ways. And temporary hair dyes are fun. I've been using Punky Color and it comes out really nice and shiny. And all my white hairs are a striking purple now.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Don't cut it. Don't make me come over there.