Thread: Build up question

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Build up question

Okay- So I decided to try this month cone-free.....

I clarified 2 days ago and started using Whole Foods 365 Citrus shamp/ condish.... today I henna'd and used my old condish to wash/ rinse (nexxus humectress) that has cones....
    should I clarify again (Sept is my cone-free month) or cause it was only one day am I okay??
    I really want to know how my hair is cone-free........
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    19"/31"/hip
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Build up question

If I were you, I'd probably just clarify so that I knew that my hair was without any cones.
    But I don't think it should make too much of a difference. I mean, cone buildup is from continued use of cones. Just one wash shouldn't lead to buildup. I think.
    I've just been trying my hair cone free for the past few weeks, so I'm still a cone-free newb.
    Lady Enyo of the Brave Victory in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

Is this the new whole foods 365 or the old one? One has SLS in it(which will get the cones out) and one doesn't.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalsofhair View Post
    Is this the new whole foods 365 or the old one? One has SLS in it(which will get the cones out) and one doesn't.
    Nope- new one... I bought it so I could be cone and sls free (why go half when you can go all the way )..... I figured if I was going to try , go whole hog......
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    chin/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by marikamt View Post
    should I clarify again (Sept is my cone-free month) or cause it was only one day am I okay??
    I really want to know how my hair is cone-free........
    I think you answered your own question! If you really want to know for sure your hair is totally cone-free, you gotta clarify.

Otherwise, I'd say don't bother unless you see buildup/limpness/other icky cone issues, one wash is probably not a big deal. But for the sake of being strict with your first conefree month, ease your mind and clarify.