Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scared to take length picture

Default Scared to take length picture

Every three months I take one, next one is almost up. Every time I take a length picture I fear it hasn't grown and that I am better off not taking one for then I won't be disappointed.

I only get my length micro-trimmed every 18-21 weeks now, just had the last trim 5 weeks ago.

I know I am a wuss But I just don't dare!

Yeah, I share the same fear. I want the hair to grow so I can be amazed at the growth and such! If you really don't want to do it, perhaps you could put it off for another month or so?
    ~Claire.
    Lady Salket, Protector of the Sacred Sands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

I think I might just do that *chuckles* People who are anticipating can wait. My hair, my decision. I just want to go "ohhh look, it grew!" instead of "hrmmm well.. that ain't much".

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Oh my gosh I do the same thing! I FEEL like my hair has grown and I can do new updos easier but I just KNOW it won't look like it when I take a picture! Is that called some kind of phobia like Backapicophobia?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

There MUST be a name for it, yes. I just get so worried that it might not show.. and I want it to. Or that it doesn't show as much growth as it did before. Less makes me insecure too haha

Puttering around somwhere MusingFrog's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TB/...
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Well, if you really want to see some growth. I suggest waiting a year and then taking pictures. You will have definite growth then. (ok, I know I'm no help )

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Look at your timeline of photos! You've grown, I'm certain! Now . . . get those photos posted!
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    neck/waist/term
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Yes, take a photo! I took my first in January, when I joined here...I can't post it yet as I don't have enough posts on this forum, but I will go ahead and take photos along my hair growing journey and see for myself how my hair is growing. I may post them later on.

So be brave and take your pic! You have growth showing well on your other ones, I am sure you will have additional growth an the next pic you take

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by eadwine View Post
    I just want to go "ohhh look, it grew!" instead of "hrmmm well.. that ain't much".
    If it were my hair I would be going "hmm well.. that ain't much." In 3 months I get .75 to an inch of growth.

Perhaps it would be more encouraging to do 6 month or yearly growth pics? Of course at this stage of the game (less than 1 year on LHC according to your stats) the biggest difference you should notice is condition rather than growth. My hair looks completely different than it did before I joined.

Good luck with the progress pics, and try not to set too high a standard. Hair will grow in its own sweet time.

Oh I know it will, and I know it grows, or my bangs wouldn't be wanting to get themselves snuggles in my eyes pretty soon I am not that stuck up about it. I know it has grown. I am just fearing it shows less than I would like to see in the pictures, you know.

I know I have this nice progress going on in the siggie images. It is just this feeling that I rather avoid maybe getting disappointed than actually getting disappointed. It is most likely a completely irrational thing I just hate to feel down about my hair, there is no reason to after all.

The condition of it is great, no longer changing, but that is cool. It is looking the best it could be

Who knows how I feel next week, I just might take that pic still