Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make your hair stay behind your back once it's longer

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default How to make your hair stay behind your back once it's longer

That question really bugs me. I keep looking at your photos. Maybe it's for presentation purposes, but your hair always seems to listen and stay on your back. When my hair was longer, it would split up in two and hang over my well...boobs. It always stayed in the front and in the back there was no hair at all. I would push it back but the next minute it would come forward again. So what is your secret?

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: How to make your hair stay behind your back once it's longer

Oh. Hee. Yeah, that's just pictures. Sometimes I walk by a mirror and realize that all my hair is in front except for one frail, skinny looking strand that's still dangling down my back.

I mean, unless somebody else has some magical properties about their hair that makes it stay behind their backs all the time... But I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's just pictures. It is for me, anyway.

ETA: Oh yeah, and plus a lot of us don't wear our hair down all the time, and if the hair is up and out of the way anyway, you don't have to worry about whether it's falling in front.
    Note: My starting length of APL is from long before I'd ever heard of the LHC. That's just when I started consciously growing my hair out again.

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyViki View Post
    Oh. Hee. Yeah, that's just pictures. Sometimes I walk by a mirror and realize that all my hair is in front except for one frail, skinny looking strand that's still dangling down my back.

I mean, unless somebody else has some magical properties about their hair that makes it stay behind their backs all the time... : But I doubt it. I'm pretty sure it's just pictures. It is for me, anyway.
    After a certain length (close to classic), my hair just started staying back there, other than a couple of strands from the very front (what is fringe/bang hair on those who have them). Though if I lean forward most of it comes over to greet whatever I'm leaning over.

ETA: Yes, this is only when it's down, and it rarely is.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    33"/34.5/37"
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Mine isn't always in the back, but it usually is. A little above BSL it starts to be more cooperative.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Once my hair passed mid-back or so it was much better behaved about staying on its side of the body.

Though if it's windy or such, it still migrates on occasion, but I rarely wear it down anyway.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    11 in/BSL+/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I'm at BSL right now and I've always had my hair in the front.It irritates me if it's in back.I like to be able to see my progress.(lame I know)Sometimes I keep one side to the back and the other side in front.I believe it's about personal preference.When it gets longer though(I have this awful layer that is collar bone length and doesn't stay back yet)I'll probably migrate my hair to the back.
    Lady Aoide of the picture box in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Goals: Ultimate goal:32"(solid waist) with no layers above 25"

mythical equestrian Lady Godiva's Avatar
    Length
    54in./77in./74in.
    Type
    1a/F/iii

I think some of us unfortunately are blessed with hair follicles that orient themselves in a forward direction, so no matter what length our hair is, it tends to fall forward, at best, or we look like Cousin Itt, at worst, even if our hair is very long. Also, straight, silky hair tends to assiduously obey the law of gravity and fall along the easiest path downward. The only way I successfully keep my hair out of my face is by wearing it up or in a braid/banded ponytail, or if left down, by grasping it with one hand to keep it from falling forward.
    My Articles: Log Roll Tutorial, Infinity Bun Tutorial - original site

Floor Length Hair: 1a F iii --- avatar: Lady Godiva by John Collier, 1898

I cant wait for that to be a "problem" for me...

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Mine only does that in pictures. In everyday life, I normally just wear it up, since I can't really do mom-stuff with my hair all in my face. My hair is very fine and tends to float to the front also.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    27ish/CICTH/clssc
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

I never really paid attention to it, but I don't remember much of a problem with this after about bsl-waist. Now, at tailbone+, it clings to my back and the back and sides of my arms. Then again, my hair is wavy and tends to stay all in one poofy blob, rather than individual strands separating and escaping. If it does get to be forward enough to where it irritates me, I just pull it into a ponytail, smooth my hand down to the end to remove some of the static and poofiness, and then let it fall. That alleviates the problem for a while.
    99% Dye free!
    Official hair-idiot of Measuringtown...
    avatar is Belle of Bonaventure, by Jasmine Becket-Griffith.