Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing in from a weird haircut....

Length
    Shldr/Clbn/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Angry Growing in from a weird haircut....

Hi,

I'm having a really hard time growing in my hair and I need some advice. I just switched to no cones (is working great!) and hair seems in good condition but I am growing in from the weirdest hair cut! This is what it looks like right now naturally.

I just find it looks so ugly and weird but I can't stand the thought of losing anymore length. I'm not sure what to do. Should I just trim and go with it until it's long enough to even out or should I take the plunge and try to even it out now? It's so thin in the front because the long layer is only the underneath hair, frustrating! What would you do?

Length
    buzz/mediu/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Default Re: Growing in from a weird haircut....

I would just let it grow another year and then trim to even it up a bit. That's just me though.

I think watever you do your hair will look nice.

Length
    21/26/30
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I would personally trim it now and then it keep growing!

Length
    22/28/waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Let me say first, I don't think your hair looks ugly at all, but part of what makes the growing out phase so tough is disliking your hair. If you find you can't alter it in a way that makes you happy (headbands, scarves, etc) then yes, I'd suggest a trim now rather than later.
    Lady Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Huh. That is a weird hair cut! Heh, sorry, that doesn't help.
    I think I would just trim that longest weirdo layer in the front, like this:

So you wouldn't lose that much length, hopefully, but will even it out a little?
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    BSL/waist/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I would just persevere. I'm sure there are some form of updo's or half updo's you can do just to get it out the way for a few months. I'm sure once it hits your shoulders it won't seem so 'weird'! Then just have small trims as you're growing it out to even it up. But till then i would just try forget about it and i'm sure by christmas even it will be a whole lot more manageable.

Length
    Shldr/Clbn/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Aw thanks everyone for the suggestions! It helps alot. Yeah it's tough because the back is too short for updos or even ponytails yet. But I bet I can do some interesting half updos like suggested.

Length
    22/28/waist
    Type
    2a/M/iii

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...e&articleid=76

Igor has a great article with ideas on how to manage the growing out stage. Maybe it will help?
    Lady Elphaba, The Wicked Witch of the West in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2c/M/ii

I think we are growing out the same hair cut, except I'm further down the process than you are. I had that same problem, I got an inch taken off of the front to even out the back. Big mistake. Just hang in there and keep growing it.
    One day I will have very pretty long hair..until then...I wait! Hair dust to **** you*** and ***you*** and ***you***! Grow! Grow! Grow!

I have a friend who had the same hair cut maybe even more slanted, she grew it out and though I havent seen her in about 7 months I hear she is still growing it without cutting or trimming, she says the front being longer like that make her feel like her hair is longer than it really is. I would say wait 3-6 months (depending on how fast your hair grows) and maybe trim off a bit to even it up if you still dont like it