View Poll Results: When do you think your hair looks more beautiful: air dried or blow fried?

Voters
677. You may not vote on this poll
  • Air dried

497 73.41%
  • Blow fried

180 26.59%
Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: More beautiful when air dried or blow fried?

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default More beautiful when air dried or blow fried?

When I stopped blow drying my hair about 4 years ago it actually wasn't because it's not healthy (I didn't know that back then), but because I just thought my hair looked much better when air dried, even when it took a whole lot longer.

Now when I go to the hair dresser, they always look so surprised when i tell them to just blow dry it, in case of brush it. I also don't see a difference between brushing it and blow drying it. It always looks stick straight, but not the beautiful silky shiny kind of straight, if you get what I mean. It just looks, well, 'unnatural': dry and fried.

A few weeks ago somebody gave me a compliment on my hair. She said it looked beatifully wavey and shiny and soft. She was so surprised when she asked me what I did to it and I said: I just wash it, sometimes put a conditioner or leave-in (depends what my hair feels like) and that's it.

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

My hair definitely looks better air dried. Blowfrying it makes it all weird and frizzy. Especially the shorter hairs along my hair line. I avoid blowdryers at all costs.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Oh, definitely air-dried.

If I blow-dry my hair it loses its shine and gets a bit poofy. The twirly wurls disappear, or at the very least become limp and undefined. I don't like that look at all. My hair looks more vibrant by a long way when it's left to dry naturally with minimal handling, or gathered into a loose ponytail if I'm seeing frizz issues when it's half-dry (sometimes I do - depends on the weather).

...calling on the flying things of the universe & hoping not too many of them are pigeons...

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I lose my natural waves if I blow dry my hair. I wouldn't want to do that.

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Account Closed by Member Request

I much prefer my hair air-dried. I would not want to miss out on that process, as to me my hair looks best as it is drying slowly and at that special point when it vaguely damp and hard to tell whether it is dry. I get a whole lot more movement and body this way. Blown out, it sits still and lifeless except for the odd strand that has been fried and sticks up and out.

I think hair can look fine or even pretty blown out, but that is just because it matches what mainstream beauty icons' hair tends to be.

Length
    16 "/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Default air please

I prefer my hair air dried. My hair is shiny and wavy that way, instead of the frizzy thing it becomes when I blow dried it.

I have wavy/curly hair and I think my hair looks its best when I use a diffuser. So I voted for 'blow fried". However, I hardly every diffuse. I mostly let my hair air dry to keep it healthy.

Type
    2a/F/ii

Definitely blow-dried. It's smooth, no halo, just gorgeous.
    The voices may not be real, but they have some pretty good ideas.
    Another Girl's Paradise

Type
    2a/M/C/ii/iii

air dried look beautiful: wavy and soft. With blow drier I get frizzy hair. Only get nice hair when blowdrying if I use a flat iron and make it straight.. but I don't do that anymore.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

my hair looks much better blowfried.. shiny straighter and it always seems to look less greasy..
    can i call this classic length