Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: banana clips

Length
    bald/21/35
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default banana clips

Hey Folks
    Its been some time I have been experimenting with different hair toys - from the time I have joined LHC I have transforemed from ponytail only to try all fun stuff person

Anyone here uses banana clips - they look cool - whats your say on it - looks + feasibility + damage

Thanks

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I personally don't like them, they pull and pinch my hair. Unless they come up with a better, hair friendly design I'll be staying away from them.

At one time years ago I used them and loved them, but didn't care about the pull and pinch as I do now.

Length
    17/22/30
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I found that there was a really tight pull when I wore them. I used to wear them everyday, then I switched hairstyles and never used them again.
    Lady Lirr of the Heart-Stirring Song in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I think they are pretty on some people. I wouldn't try them now with my hair length but I loved them when my hair was about shoulder length and layered. It made it look a lot longer. I didn't care about pulling and yanking on my hair then either though. You can get some that have smoother combs though. I think France Luxe makes a type of banana clip. I would detangle very well before using and be very gentle when clipping it and unclipping it just like anything else.

Okay just looked and France Luxe calls it a "cascade" which may not be what you are talking about.

Here it is.

Oh here are some different kinds.
    Last edited by Curlsgirl; April 10th, 2008 at 08:57 PM.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I don't have very thick hair but banana clips pull and fall out when I tried them.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Type
    3b/F/iii

I had a really good smooth one that I would still wear occasionally, but I broke it a couple weeks back. I was always real careful putting in and taking it out so I wouldn't pull hair. Like most things, I think they are ok in moderation.

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Account Closed by Member Request

I haven't worn one in years, and don't own one now...I wouldn't attempt it with my hair the length it is now, but it might look nice on your length. I too found it pulled at my nape hairs, and if not properly snapped at the top, it pulled there also...If memory serves me correctly, I remember getting a lot of headaches from this toy; perhaps from how the weight was distributed.

Type
    1c/F/ii

I used to love mine, but they fall out a lot and I'd have to re-do the style all the time. I haven't worn one in years, either, but I'd give it another try if I found a nice one.

Length
    30/33/??
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

I found a really huge one on clearance one time for something like $0.50 and I wear it all the time! I doesn't pull or break my hair and it actually fits all my hair. I use it when I'm feeling too lazy to do anything else with my hair, which is often. Most banana clips, however, are too small/ pull/ pinch/ fall out in my experience.

Banned
    Beautiful Northern California...AKA...Heaven!
    Length
    lame/BS&AP/hip

I love mine! I have had the same one since the 6th grade It is one of my favorite hair thingies! I used to get it stuck in my hair, but don't anymore, I am glad you asked...I was going t o post a thread about them as well. I really do like them