Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange thought....

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default Strange thought....

I watch Forensic Files a lot because I am so amazed at how they figure out crimes by just the smallest clue. Most of the time there is a "hair" that is found and a person can be found by just that. Which got me to wondering how many places I have been and have deposited some of my hair, and who I may have rub against someone and left a hair on them...........kind of scary I guess. I don't know, just a random thought. I have those from time to time.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Lol, in all reality, hair is one of those "circumstantial evidence" things that dont necessarily mean anything in real life investigations. Fingerprints at least show that the person matching them was there, hair can float in on a breeze. It is weird to think, but you could pass some one in a grocery store, and one of your hairs could end up on their shirt on a plane across the country. Your hair could be all over the world.
    "Ever been to London?" "No, but my hair has!"

Ive seen murder situations like what they show on shows like that, and from personal experiece, I think that if they dont already have a good idea of what happened and some amount of evidence, they generally just label it a suicide and call it good.

Length
    16/50+/?
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

As you shed different places, always think of it as "just leaving some of your DNA behind..here and there"

Length
    2/APL/tlbn
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I find long hairs all over my home, my car, and my desk at work*, and I wonder where they all came from since I never noticed shed hairs when they were short.

I guess we leave little bits of ourselves everywhere we go (hairs are just the most noticeable traces), but wouldn't it be cool to see a CSI-type show use the extreme length of the hair to help point them toward the killer?

*Off topic - I once had a co-worker say "Here this is yours" and hand me a shed hair that had fallen on his desk. Obviously it was mine, but what am I gonna do with it? Tuck it back into my ponytail?

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by longinthehair View Post
    As you shed different places, always think of it as "just leaving some of your DNA behind..here and there"
    Hehe, that's usually exactly what I think!

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Hee I love Forensic Files! I watch all those shows, my mother thinks I studying to learn how to kill people (I'm not).

I had a best friend in HS who had long, thick, gorgeous, ginger hair. I loved it. I never measured how fast it grew, but it was insanely fast. Anyway, she would shed a lot, and you would find it everywhere, doesnt matter how much you cleaned, it would show up again. So the other day I was cleaning my car and I found a long red hair. I haven't seen her in about 5 or 6 years, but her hair is still in my car. And I vacuum my car out usually every other month. Heaven help her if I ever wind up dead!

Jeni

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I never thought much about leaving my DNA behind, but I LOVELOVELOVE Forensic Files. The man who narrates it has the most soothing voice. Sometimes I tape the show just so I can listen to his voice to fall asleep. Truth.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MyFireElf View Post
    I guess we leave little bits of ourselves everywhere we go (hairs are just the most noticeable traces), but wouldn't it be cool to see a CSI-type show use the extreme length of the hair to help point them toward the killer?
    I have this daydream that someday the mod team will be contacted by the police to help with an investigation, since a floor-length hair will be found at the crime scene. Since we know who all the people with floor-length hair are on this site, we will be able to help them. The main problem with this daydream is that I don't think any LHCers are likely to be commiting serious crimes.

(If you think this is weird, believe me, this is not my weirdest daydream. )

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Shanarana View Post
    Which got me to wondering how many places I have been and have deposited some of my hair, and who I may have rub against someone and left a hair on them...........kind of scary I guess.
    If you think that's scary you should see this article from the NYT. It's amazing to think how much of ourselves we leave all over the place. Hair isn't the only thing we're shedding!

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    I have this daydream that someday the mod team will be contacted by the police to help with an investigation, since a floor-length hair will be found at the crime scene. Since we know who all the people with floor-length hair are on this site, we will be able to help them. The main problem with this daydream is that I don't think any LHCers are likely to be commiting serious crimes.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    54/69/66
    Type
    2a/2b/C/iii

Oh, I'm sure my DNA is everywhere I've been by now.

In fact, it's even gone places I haven't! Trolleypup was just telling me that he found one of my 4+ foot strands wrapped around the controller of the Boat.

And I've never even seen that streetcar, let alone ridden on it.
    Dianyla | Extreme Haircare Blog | Photos
    IUD | MoonCup | MUM | HBI | TCDT | MNM!
    When's the last time you... Donated? | Contacted a Mod? | Read the Community Guidelines?

Unless specifically described as a moderation call, the above post represents my personal opinion as a member of this community, not as a moderator.