Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you evaluate my growth?

Length
    9"/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Can you evaluate my growth?

Hello to the group. For those of you who would like to comment, I am wondering if you would take a look at my pics & see what you think about my hair growth?

I have a link to my henna site where I created a new page that shows the growth. I started growing my hair in Feb. 2008. I have a few pics about 4-5 months apart up until April of this year.

Keep in mind that between every picture, i cut off about an inch because the grow out process from very short hair is really difficult without regular re-shaping.

I think I get, as a rule, about 1/2 inch per month. Is that about right/normal? I do henna my hair & have lots of grey in the front so it is pretty easy for me to measure monthly growth.

Here's that link I mentioned.
    http://ilovehenna.tripod.com/id14.html
    Thanks,
    Tami

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Can you evaluate my growth?

Average growth is 1/4" a month but there are exceptions to the rule. I get 1/4 growth in the cold months and almost an inch in the warm months.
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    waist/29/hip
    Type
    1a/F/i

Having in mind that you have regular cuts on your hair every month your hair are growing longer really fast.
    I like you with your henna color. Makes your skin look soooo white and your eyes look like cat's eyes.
    You are very beautiful!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Looks good - I think now it's the one length, you can let it grow for longer without cuts, or have small trims! I usually cut about 1/2 inch every three months or so.

I think the average growth is 1/2 inch per month. Mine seems to grow a little faster than that, but it's curly, so am not entirely sure.

You have lovely hair!

Length
    9"/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Thanks everyone for your replies. I now am going longer between cuts. I waited 5 months this last time for a trim. I took off 3/4" in my layers because there was that much old blond (hidden under the henna) bleached, really dry hair. Now that I have fresh ends, I'd like to get to Christmas, at least, with out scissors. Might need a micro trim by then. I'd really like to go a year...we'll see how my hair holds up til then.
    Thanks
    Tami

Length
    16 "/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii

Hi, first I love your hair color!!! Second, I think you are ready now to stop trimming for at least six months. I don't see any layers that can get in your way Plus, I believe henna will help you protecting your hair.

Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Your hair colour is awesome!! Your site looks really neat too..its great to see these progress reports..happy growing you are over the most awkward stage now.

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Thanks for sharing your photos! You're very beautiful, and your hair-color is fantastic!

If you're getting 1/2" growth a month, you're in the top percentile of average monthly growth. Most people get around 1/4"-1/2" inch a month. I get about 1/2"-3/4", but that is probably just genetics, since I really don't do anything to stimulate it that I know of besides massage and Biotin (and it's still unclear whether Biotin really does stimulate growth).

You're doing a great job, and I hope you have a LONG and happy hair journey!
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I think you've gotten very good growth. I get 1/2" per month too. I used to think my hair was slow growing, but I guess not! Beautiful hair too! I don't think you need to trim unless the ends start seeming 'yucky'. I always know when to give myself a tiny trim, the 'yucky' factor!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

You are simply beautiful! I too typically get .5" a month. On the occasional faster-growing month, I'll get .75". Your growth looks very good.