Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long- Curly updos??

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Long- Curly updos??

Excuse me if this has been posted somewhere already. Are there any long haired curlies out there that would like to share any updo's? I've noticed the links for updo's, but they are for straight hair. I will try some of those updo's but I was wanting to see pics if possible of long haired curlies. I can't wear my hair pulled back straight (I look totally goofy), so I try to modify some of my do's. I am trying to get some pics together with some of my hairstyles and will post when I can. TIA!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Long- Curly updo's??

Here's hoping it works. This is one of the only pictures of my curly wedding hair. Hope this helps!

Length
    20/28/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Long- Curly updos??

I am always looking for new ones, I have seen some nice ones on Youtube. I have seen a really pretty Carmen Electra inspired side curly ponytail that would be pretty easy for a natural curly to do. Not an updo, but a fun style.
    I find that the straight hair styles don't work for me because my hair doesn't behave that way. I also cringe at the idea of combing out my curls (it makes it frizzy). So, I cant always detangle before an updo. I like to tie my hair into a knot, I take all of my hair and twist and tie it, and it holds without pins, clips, sticks, or anything. But you need a certain length and hair type for this. It works on curlies because the hair is coarse and should hold on its own.
    I find on curly hair, most buns look the same. For me, it is not worth the extra effort when it will make no difference on how it looks.
    You can always try a french twist, I smooth out the front with a BBB and then twist and pin the rest. I never comb out my curls and when released, it smoothens my hair. I also like french braid, two looks really cute too. You can take the end of the braid and tuck it inside or leave it hanging.
    Sometimes, I will take a hairstick and wrap my hair around it and stab the stick in and out of my hair, weaving it with hair against the scalp, and leave it alone. When done right, it takes a few seconds and secures my hair, even with all of my layers. In the front, I will part it to the side and in the back it looks messy and cool, but put together because it is secured.
    My new favorite style is a low side bun. I part my hair on one side, and on the opposite side, behind my hair, I do a ponytail. I then take small pieces and pin it section by section to get a fuller bun, or pull of it to save time. When this is bigger, it looks amazing, especially with a flower or something.
    I don't know how to do the gibson tuck, but I think it would look amazing on curlies.
    My quest to find new and creative updos is neverending! I will be watching this thread.

Length
    13Bob/28BSL/42TB+
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'm not really qualified to speak, but judging from what I've seen, updos that start with braids ought to work with curly hair.

Length
    .../33,07/wrist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

yesterday I wrote hairstyles I can do with my hair...they're more than 30 lol
    you can try all buns that start with braids, as suggests Charli, or add a braid to all the buns that don't start with it, as celtic knot or chinese bun
    all the braids you can do work good and half updos are the best for showing nice barrettes
    high ponytail is more beautiful on curly than others...you can take some hair and hold the elastic to hide it and add a stick or some flowers to decorate it (I call it faunesque)
    or you can just pick some hair near your temples with two nice hairpins.
    she got long black wavy hair
    faunesque photo album
    my style game log

Type
    2c/M/ii

I guess I should have explained how my hair got like that, might help huh? She took small sections, twisted them, then bobby-pinned them near the top of my head, letting them fall over to the other side. A few of the ones that were left to hang loose, she used a curling iron on, but I think it still would have been pretty with my natural curls. Anyway, a bunch of bobby pins here and there was it. I might have to try it again to see if I can do it myself.

Anyway, good luck on your quest for curly do's!

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    I guess I should have explained how my hair got like that, might help huh? She took small sections, twisted them, then bobby-pinned them near the top of my head, letting them fall over to the other side. A few of the ones that were left to hang loose, she used a curling iron on, but I think it still would have been pretty with my natural curls. Anyway, a bunch of bobby pins here and there was it. I might have to try it again to see if I can do it myself.

Anyway, good luck on your quest for curly do's!

Very pretty!!! Your hair looks shiny and healthy. Thanks for the tips and ideas, please keep them coming.

Length
    short/32''/40''
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

My hair was done similarly to how Brat describes in this pic, but the stylist left a little quiff upon which my tiara was to sit.

Last edited by cuddledumplin; March 13th, 2009 at 05:50 PM.

Length
    37"/39"/term
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Off topic slightly. How do you long haired curlies wear your hear to go to bed? I put mine in a pineapple and kind of scrunch my hair with some small clips, anyone else have better ideas? I do this to try to achieve second day hair. TIA

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

What is a pineapple? Is that when you put it up in a bun-like kind of thing?

I have long curly hair, and almost always wear it down. I'd like to see some updos too! I sometimes wear it in a high ponytail, that's kind of a bolder look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]