Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: shampoo & Conditoner of choice?

Length
    13/18/27
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Question shampoo & Conditoner of choice?

I'm just curious what every one's favorite shampoo and Conditoner is and why.

I have yet to find my perfect match. so far i really liked Dove intensive damage therapy. my hair was really healthy and i notcied faster growth since it seemed to protect me from damage

right now i'm using Herbal Essances long hair shampoo and conditoner and i'm not really liking it. good thing i'm almost done with the bottles.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

You know, I was thinking of posting a similar question. But, for pure curiousity.

I CO 5 days a week. My favorite conditioners are Herbal Essenses None of Your Frizzness, Herbal Essenses Break's Over, Herbal Essenses Hello Hydration, John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Amber-Maple, and Bath & Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena. I didn't like the new Long Term Relationship from Herbal Essenses, but it'll do in a pinch (so I've kept it as a back up).

On the 6th day I shampoo. With a very small amout, diluted in water. Because of that I still have the shampoo I bought in July... A LOT of it. Herbal Essenses None of Your Frizzness and Hello Hydration. I haven't experimented with anything else because these haven't run out, it takes so dang long to get through shampoo (I don't want a mess of shampoo bottles sitting around), and these that I have work well enough for my purposes.

So, that's my long-winded way of saying I mainly use Herbal Essenses with some other stuff thrown inbetween. As to why I use them... They work for my hair. They weigh it down just enough to decrease frizzies while not making it limp. They leave my hair soft and manageable. I wouldn't use shampoo at all if I weren't using coneful conditioners. But, I need the slip that the cones provide.
    Last edited by AJoifulNoise; March 31st, 2008 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Reasons

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I CWC.

For Shampoo: Peppermint Avalon Organics, Lemon Clarifying Avalon or JASON henna highlights
    Conditioner: Most V05 or Suave products are fabulous. I love Vo5 Strawberries and Cream, Passion Fruit Smoothie, and Strawberries and Champagne. Suave: Coconut, Mountain Strawberry.

Shampoo is generally diluted, except about once a month or so I use it full strength. The shampoo is SLS free, cleans my scalp but doesn't overdry. The conditioner is super cheap, works better than more expensive stuff and smells really really good. (I like strong smelling stuff, if you can tell. )

OldTimer Older than LHC Teacherbear's Avatar
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I've been using Giovanni s/c for about 6 or 7 years now.

Shampoo of choice is Smooth as Silk, conditioner is the same. I use Direct Leave In. I also put the DLI into my mister bottle with distilled water to spritz my hair when I need to revive the wave/curl pattern or to pull my hair back so it is more "slick".
    Hmm, what should this say? I'm thinking . . .

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

I CO, and I've been using several different condish from Nature's Gate.
    I like to cycle my products, whether i'm CO or CWC, because my hair is always happier when I cycle.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    Pixie/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/F/M/i/ii

I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo and v05 vitaburst or tea therapy conditioner. I like them both although some days the shampoo foams, some days it doesnt lol.

Today i bought aussie moist shampoo and condish, havent used them yet though but figured i'd give em a whirl.
    Once you place a candle in the dark, you can't deny the light. . Once you give to man that candle, you give his mind the power of flight. - Myself.
    Lady Seyllea, Oracle of Time and Becoming in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

When the dark comes rising six shall turn it back
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I've been using Appivita Propoline With Olive Oil And Honey Shampoo and Sani Hemp Oil Conditioner just recently and the combination seems to be working

Fire on the mountain shall find the harp of gold
    Played to wake the Sleepers, oldest of the old;

Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

well i love love love love love love honeysuckle conditioner from Aubrey Organics it is my favourite! And it works wonderful with the JASON henna highlights that i bought and tried about 4 times, it gives volume and it is smooth
    I have to confess...i also tried the VO5 that i was reading from a lot of LHC´s but...i really really hated it. I tried it just one time so it can be it but anyway the texture of the conditioner it was not the kind i like. I really like conditioners that are absolutly heavy but not oily. When i used cones my favourite was heavy cream All Soft from Redken so i think that is why i also love Aubrey Organics. They are all heavy and this particular one smells great!
    .~~~. :*: Bárbara :*: .~~~.

Length
    18/24/28
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    I use Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo and v05 vitaburst or tea therapy conditioner. I like them both although some days the shampoo foams, some days it doesnt lol.

Today i bought aussie moist shampoo and condish, havent used them yet though but figured i'd give em a whirl.
    I'll be watching this thread! I used my old bottle of Aussie Moist Conditioner last night - and am thrilled with the silk & shine I have today. Curls/whurls are back!

I bought a new bottle today, so hope it delivers same results...

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherbear View Post
    I've been using Giovanni s/c ... shampoo of choice is Smooth as Silk, conditioner is the same. I use Direct Leave In. I also put the DLI into my mister bottle with distilled water to spritz my hair when I need to...
    Me too.
    Have also used Giovanni 50/50 condish and love that too. I also use Kiss My Face Whenever condish, mmmmmm