Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: waist maybe?? am I? should I trim?

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default waist maybe?? am I? should I trim?

am i waist yet?? my hands are at waist in the pic... as you can see my ends are curled but are really close... can i call it waist yet?? im standing perfectly straight in the pic but my head usually points slightly downward
    also look at my ends... they are thin because of layers... i want to eventually trim them off but i wanted to wait until it was really neccisary to keep it looking good... so am i waist and do you think the time is right to trim???...

this was taken today... the ends curl alot... like really stretched out spirals
    can i call this classic length

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I am pretty sure that I would trim to thicken up those ends, but only 1/2 inch (plus/minus) every 3 months or so as long as they're in good shape. I can't tell from the picture, of course. What do you think?

Beware Of The Beagles Alley Cat's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Looks like waist to me.
    Your hair is beautiful squiggyflop
    As for the trim that's up to you , if you trim now it won't be waist anymore will it , if you wait a bit longer till it's past waist then trim it would still be waist.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Why not enjoy the fact that you got to waistlength and trim a half inch in a month or two? I don't think your ends look bad at all. Congrats on reaching waist!

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    I am pretty sure that I would trim to thicken up those ends, but only 1/2 inch (plus/minus) every 3 months or so as long as they're in good shape. I can't tell from the picture, of course. What do you think?
    hmmm half an inch sounds good... yes i do want to thicken up the ends... but the others seem to think i should wait a month.. ive been wanting to trim since february started.. i last trimmed in early september i think

Quote Originally Posted by Alley Cat View Post
    Looks like waist to me.
    Your hair is beautiful squiggyflop
    As for the trim that's up to you , if you trim now it won't be waist anymore will it , if you wait a bit longer till it's past waist then trim it would still be waist.
    ahh so it is waist... its been waist while wet for a while now im glad to know that its waist dry now... hmmm you are right i have waited all this time for it to reach waist, it would be a shame to lose some of it... but look at those thin ends... grr it still has layers from the awful haircut i started growing from...
    to see the uglyness of that haircut see my journey album

Quote Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
    Why not enjoy the fact that you got to waistlength and trim a half inch in a month or two? I don't think your ends look bad at all. Congrats on reaching waist!
    so you think i should wait until the end of april or may to trim... hmmm i hope april goes by as fast as march...so you dont think the ends look very thin??
    can i call this classic length

Length
    chin/33/TB
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I know how you feel...it's waist but....the ends are thin. I'd trim a teeny amount then wait a while and trim either again a teeny bit or trim a half inch or so.
    Last edited by prosperina; March 30th, 2008 at 06:58 PM. Reason: clarity

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I'd first off decide what's more important to you, waistlength, or loosing the layers. Personally i think that your hair looks lovely and wouldn't trim yet. I'd let it grow another half an inch or so then trim so that you can keep your hair at or past waistlength. But if they are really bothering you and you desperately want to get rid of the layers then if you trim no more than half an inch then you'll be back to waist in a month or so anyway which isn't really very long to wait.

Hmmnnn i'm not much help am i! Ok, personally i rekon wait a bit longer.....but ultimately it's you who has to be happy with your hair.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    30/30/32+
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Looks like waist to me, and I cannot believe the growth you've had since august of last year, Amazing. Do you grow an inch a month?

Length
    15"/16"/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

It does look like waist. And you have really good growth!

I HATE

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Oh yes - I forgot to say; it definitely is waist length, which was a huge milestone to me, so I assume it is for you too. Congratulations! If your ends aren't dried out and splitting, I think you would do well to wait another month or so before you trim 1/2 inch. That way you won't lose waist length. The first time I got to waist length, I went in for a 1/2 inch trim but started yakking away about wanting to get the layers evened up, so she trimmed 2 inches to help me with my layers problem. I should have kept my mouth shut! It took me probably another 5 months to get back to waist length.