Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing out grey - article in UK newspaper

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Default Growing out grey - article in UK newspaper

This article was in the Daily Mail today. I dont read this paper, but I had forgotten my book on the train

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar....html#comments

I have commented but nothing is showing up yet. I'm interested to see what other people have commented on it. Apparently there were 87 comments.

I for one say rock on and grow it out, I'm tempted to buy the Mail now to watch her journey. I'm not sure her hairdresser is correct in saying that she 'needs a kicka$$ haircut' but one thing at a time, in today's society I think it's awesome she's decided to grow out natural.

Thoughts?

Lovi

ETA: Hmph - they have not even posted my comment yet! Unimpressed
    Last edited by Loviatar; February 18th, 2009 at 05:08 AM.
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Growing out grey - article in UK newspaper

Interesting article. Thanks. I also think I would be interested in watching her silver. Are you going to keep up with this, Lovi? If you do, please post follow-up stories.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Type
    2c/M/ii

I totally admire that attitude! I can only hope, wish, and pray I can be so cool about greys when they appear. At the moment, they're my biggest fear. I have an albino rabbit and after playing with her and later going to the mirror, I always have a mini-freak-out when I see a teeny white hair along my hairline (courtesy of Mimi, the bunny LOL).

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Well, I'm hooked now, Lovi. If you do decide to buy that paper to follow the story, could you please share it with us? I'm in the process of growing out my grays now and love to read about other women's experiences. Thanks.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    18/44/Term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

MemSahib, what a gorgeous new signature picture you're showing these days. Just spectacular.

Back on topic, though, count me among what I hope is a huge group of women for whom the prospect of being grey is nowhere near my worst fear. You are Lady Luck's favored child if such is a huge concern. That said, I guess, as a public figure it's some sort of big deal for her. In my case, it was an easy decision.
    Lady Raederlhe of Chocolate Treasures in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Tribute to the KL Knot Photos April Hairtool Challenge Photos
    Renegrays -swearing undyeing loyalty to the silver cause!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Raederle View Post
    Back on topic, though, count me among what I hope is a huge group of women for whom the prospect of being grey is nowhere near my worst fear. You are Lady Luck's favored child if such is a huge concern. That said, I guess, as a public figure it's some sort of big deal for her. In my case, it was an easy decision.

I'm with you, Raederle. Going gray is not only NOT a fear, it's something I decided to embrace almost 3 years ago. I'm actually a little annoyed that my hair isn't graying as fast as my mother's and grandmother's hair!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I hope you'll be posting her updates, Lovi.
    I'm also going grey, especially at the temples. Well, mine are more silvery and I like them.

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

good for her!

My silver streak is coming in faster and faster every day. Maybe it's a pregnancy thing, but I hope not, because it's really nicely placed and compliments my hair color. Some day I hope to have mixed silver/gold, then entirely silver, hopefully LONG hair, and those who don't like it can go...take a flying leap.
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    pixie/22.5/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Much as I really dont want to buy the Daily Mail I'll happily keep up with the story and post updates for you guys.

Memsahib your hair is looking fantastic these days by the way. People like you make me want to go grey early!
    1" (03/13), 18" (05/14); 6yrs off LHC, pixied 10/17, now 22”
    Maybe goals: BSL 28, WL 36, TB 42, CL 50, Knee 62

Length
    29/33/more!
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I'm just starting to get some white hairs, and I think its unlikely I'll be dyeing them. I'm quite looking forward to having striking, long white hair! It will be years until then though. I think since I'm naturally a darkish shade of blonde they won't be obvious for ages, and I really can't be bothered with the constant unkeep of dye. Or the damage! I've seen quite a few fairly young women with amazing steely grey hair - mostly cut into flattering, dramatic shorter styles though.