Thread: Boar bristle brush recommendations?

Length
    16/24/35
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Question Boar bristle brush recommendations?

Hello! I was wondering if there were any decent quality and price bore bristle brush recommendations, since I have heard that they are great for hair care .
    Also, I went to a store the other day and found a brush that was nylon and bore bristle mixed and was wondering if it was a good choice, thank you!

Default Re: Bore brsitle brush recommendations?

I would suggest trying a boar-bristle brush before spending too much money on one. They're very polarizing-- people tend to either love them or hate them. Some find they make their hair smooth and shiny, while some of us find they make it staticky/flyaway at the ends and greasy-looking/flat at the top. Best is to see what effect it has on your hair before investing a lot.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    16/24/35
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bore brsitle brush recommendations?

Yes! you are right, i was also hesitant about buying one, because It might not work for me, so i guess i will continue my research .
    (By the way, are bamboo/ wooden brushes a good option?)

Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Default Re: Boar bristle brush recommendations?

Hi Charlotte,

we already have here a thread, where you can search through the suggestions and experience reports.

What I heard from other: It depends if the grown ends of the bristles are used for the brushes or the other parts of it, which means that the ends are clearly flatly cut - with a more or less sharp edge/rim on the cut plateau. And the brushes, where the smoother real bristle ends are used, are quite expensive.

regards
    Fornarina
    Last edited by Fornarina; December 10th, 2023 at 06:21 AM.