Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slipperiest Conditioner You've Ever Had?

Length
    10/MBL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Slipperiest Conditioner You've Ever Had?

I have been dealing with some horrible tangles lately due to a multitude of factors, and I am in search for a very slippery conditioner. I have curly hair, and have always been the type to jump around trying new conditioners. I very much like cones, however I struggle to find drugstore products with cones that do not have drying ingredients like isopropyl alcohol. I recently tried the L'Oreal Elvive and have loved it in the past, although I do not know if they changed the ingredients or something because my hair felt very dry while using it. I currently am trying a Mane and Tail conditioner and it is not heavy enough at all. I would love to have a conditioner that has both cones and some botanical ingredients like oils, however what really matters is the slip. I typically look for drugstore brands, however if I could find my holy grail conditioner the price would not matter at all. Any recommendations you have would be greatly appreciated!
    MBL stretched | MBL curly

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Slipperiest Conditioner You've Ever Had?

Miss Jessie's Leave-In Condish. Without silicones it uses BTMS which is VERY slippery. Years ago I used ot use this product for detangling. It was the slipperiest conditioner I found. Bad points - Easy to use too much (gets foamy if you do) and its high glycerin content may or may not work for you in arid climates
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

It's not a conditioner, but I have heard the African Pride Pre-Poo is THE best detangler on the market. You should be able to get it at a local beauty supply store or from amazon. There are quite a few vids you can watch on youtube of people with very curly hair using it and raving about how much slip it has.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

I always loved Aussie Moist and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle (before they somehow fell off the "doesn't test on animals" list). My current go-to conditioners are Mane and Tail, and Alaffia.
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

The kind of conditioner that has always added slip to me is anyone of the Pantene Pro-V Conditioners. I also use silicone conditioners as well. Like, this silicone deep conditioner called, "SiliconeMix." It always leaves my hair feeling very nice, soft, shiny, and well-moisturized!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dark40 View Post
    The kind of conditioner that has always added slip to me is anyone of the Pantene Pro-V Conditioners.
    I have to agree with this!

Also, Hello Hydration by Herbal Essences.

I've used the Aussie 3-Minute Miracle only a couple of times, and I think the slip that followed was good, but during application, Aussie conditioners just underwhelm me. It's like applying nothingness to my hair, and I have to use a lot.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Any conditioner by Nivea will be very slippery and should give you sleek hair, but I'm not sure if the brand is available where you live. Pantene is similar in my opinion, but not as good.
    I've discovered that the trick is in the fatty alcohol base. Cones are important as well, of course, but the cream base of a conditioner/mask tends to be more slippery if after water there is Stearyl Alcohol, or at least Cetearyl Alcohol on the INCI list. Conditioner based on Cetyl Alcohol tend to be runnier, lighter, and give less slip.

Learn more. Know less. foreveryours's Avatar
    Length
    ./72"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Any conditioner by Nivea will be very slippery and should give you sleek hair, but I'm not sure if the brand is available where you live. Pantene is similar in my opinion, but not as good.
    I've discovered that the trick is in the fatty alcohol base. Cones are important as well, of course, but the cream base of a conditioner/mask tends to be more slippery if after water there is Stearyl Alcohol, or at least Cetearyl Alcohol on the INCI list. Conditioner based on Cetyl Alcohol tend to be runnier, lighter, and give less slip.
    Interesting because cetearyl alcohol is a very roughly 50:50 mixture of stearyl and cetyl alcohols (not well defined, can't find a precise range), so it must be "just the right mixture" in your product for you
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    I have to agree with this!

Also, Hello Hydration by Herbal Essences.

I've used the Aussie 3-Minute Miracle only a couple of times, and I think the slip that followed was good, but during application, Aussie conditioners just underwhelm me. It's like applying nothingness to my hair, and I have to use a lot.
    Thank you for agreeing with this!
    I also have to agree on that Hello Hydration by Herbal Essences as well. I really love that conditioner.
    Oh yes, I've also used Aussie 3-Minute Miracle only a couple f times as well, and yes the slip that followed was good for me too. Hmm, that's weird that as during application, Aussie conditioners just underwhelmed you with you texture or hair type.
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Suave Essentials conditioner, the cheap stuff that costs a couple of bucks at the drugstore or grocery store. No cones. The coconut one is good. Rich texture.
    These were my go to conditioners, and cowashes, they gave me seaweed hair and are great to use for detangling. I quit using them because Suave added 24 hour fragrance that was overwhelming. there are lots of negative reviews about it. I’m still using up my old stash, so don’t know if they have corrected the fragrance overload problem.
    But that’s the slippiest conditioner I’ve used. There is a lot of product in the bottle and they are so inexpensive, so no worries about using a lot.