Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: List your hair goals for 2023

Length
    BSL/floor/floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Re: List your hair goals for 2023

Quote Originally Posted by mochichichi View Post
    Do you stick it through the braid and put the clip on the rod? Or like loop the braid over the rod and clip around?
    I drape the braid over the rod, adjust it to the proper height, and then put the clip on. Some of the teeth go through the braid and it fits almost perfectly around the circumference of the rod.

Length
    6/26.5/41/53
    Type
    4a/F/ii

I think my goal was heading to WL by 12/2023 but I'm modifying it to 80% mbl. Shrinkage is real and I try not to measure more than 1x every 3 mos (trying not to obsess) but it seems like I may have lost length by wearing it out and not protecting when I slept. But now I'm back on the straight and narrow with just about a half a year to regain. It can happen!
    APL/MBL/WL/HL/TBL/CL
    2019/2023/2025/2026/2030
    (SL-TBL=2009-2013/Hair loss=2013-2023)

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Lol it works surprisingly well! I should specify this is a tension rod, not one screwed into the wall, so if I ever fell *knock on wood*, it would go down with me. I wouldn't risk it otherwise.
    The one time I tried a scalp-only wash in the shower, I did it very similarly but used an S hook instead.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I use a clippy clothes hanger, like this https://thehangerstore.co.uk/wp-cont...02-248-2.2.jpg
    I can reach our shower rail to hang it on there but I can't reach it enough to tie my hair around it, and with the clips it's adjustable as well if I've misjudged the length. I clip my braid in one, then wrap it around the actual hanger across to the other clip, as the first time I tried it the braid fell out of the clip. And the hanger has fallen down if I've scrubbed my scalp a bit too violently
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nefcerka View Post
    Hair goals:
    - avoid breakage
    - moisturize the length more
    - learn new buns and braids here
    - hopefully reaching hip and tailbone (if I´m lucky)

Hair related goals:
    - better manage stress and anxiety
    Revisiting and rethinking my goals almost four months later:
    -continue to avoid breakage - yes, I need to be more patient when detangling, and also when pushing a hairstick through the bun, I´m guilty of snapping hairs in the process
    -as for moisturizing the length, I found good conditioners, but I will look for some light-weight hair oils to use post and pre-wash
    -I have learned more than 35 buns and hairstyles, now I am working on memorizing them all so I don´t have to rush to youtube every other day in the morning
    -I have reached hip length, and I hope to reach at least BCL by the end of the year (tailbone is probably not realistic this year, but a dream nevertheless)
    -managing stress is a work in progress (and failing often)

I would add another goals now:
    -not buying any new hair products before I use what I have (those will last me probably three years...)
    -not trimming this year at all (in order to grow as much as possible)
    -not giving into the temptation of henna (while I yearn for its strengthening properties, I am not ready to commit to the color again)

Length
    12/28.35/40
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

- Don't buy any cosmetic until at least 20-30% ends.
    - Reduce breakage and hairloss.

Length
    Buzz/APL+/TBL
    Type
    3c/F/ii

My hair goal for the second half of 2023 is to apply shea butter and oil on my hair after every wash then braid it to air dry. I started doing this already on July 1st.

Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Goals I've kept to this year (so far) :

- Got my yearly trim
    - Use hair oil on my lower half as my main styling product (partial to Badger Argan)
    - Hair goes up/away in some way every day! Usually a stick, fork, or claw clip. Sometimes a low pony.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Since I failed every goal I set for the first half of the year, let's start for second half

* 6 June - 14 September 100 day no buzz
    * No Trims July 1st - December 31st
    * Semi dye only
    * No bleach on scalp
    Last edited by Bat; December 2nd, 2023 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Haha, oh dear I didn’t keep to the bolded part. I got frustrated with the thinner, damaged ends, and cut them off at the beginning of May. I trimmed a bit before that too so I probably cut around 2.5 - 3 inches.

I don’t regret it though. I’ve pretty much ignored my hair since then because it doesn’t need much. I shaped the front more too, and overall the look is stronger and thicker than it was. My hair still looks see through but I think that’s just its nature and a trim wouldn’t change it.

I don’t need to plait before washing anymore because it doesn’t get very tangled, now that most of the damage has gone. If there is damage left, it isn’t particularly noticeable and I’m not going to go looking for it.

I kept a fringe, and I haven’t grown it out yet. I think it’s working quite well as it is so will probably keep it the same for the rest of the year. I’m still using babassu oil and wearing my hair up most of the time. If I wear it down, I can enjoy it because I’m not self conscious about thin ends anymore. I have a strong, cohesive hairstyle, which is what I wanted for my 2022 goal

My amended goal for 2023 is to try to get back to MBL I guess, but if my ends get thin or too stringy again, I’ll trim them and just go with the flow.
    My original goal was to maintain at MBL and not to cut more than an inch at a time, but I trimmed 2.5-3” earlier this year, so I amended my goal to just get back to MBL, unless the ends looked too thin or stringy.

Well, the ends looked too thin and stringy so I cut another 4” and I’m back at around APL. To be fair, this year has been exceptionally hard, emotionally, and at one point my hair was coming out it handfuls, following a huge shock.

Hopefully I have time between now and the end of the year to figure out what sort of trimming schedule I need to do, to keep the ends looking as thick as possible. I suspect that next year’s goal is going to be to maintain the healthiest look for my hair, rather than focusing on growing.