Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Janeet Jack on Etsy

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Janeet Jack on Etsy

While searching for a fine-toothed wooden comb, I stumbled across this seller. She had some gorgeous forks and I really struggled to pick one. But, I picked up this cute cat comb in red and this cat fork in black. I admit that I was a bit nervous buying from a new shop and Chinese things have a stigma about being cheap quality. But, when I got the fork and comb, they were even better than I expected! First, they survived a horrible shipping experience. My landlady literally saw the worker throw the package onto the porch. This is what it looked like!

I was worried that my new pretties would be ruined before I even used them. But, she packaged them really well in bubble wrap and cardboard so they were without a scratch. It came all the way from China, was treated roughly, and is just fine.

Now, on to the actual products. I was surprised at how solid they are. The fork was thicker than I thought but it fits really well into the palm of my hand. I feel like I'm trying to sell them since I'm gushing so much but I'm super impressed by them. It has fairly fine teeth but it's super smooth and doesn't catch my hair at all. I also like how the cat's head is the purrfect curve for my hand while combing.

The fork is a tad short, which I expected, at ~13 cm but it's super solid and smooth just like the fork. I plan on using it for decoration mainly but I can just use it in a regular bun and I have already used it in a Madora-type bun. At some point, I'll probably request a longer version of this fork and 10/10 would buy something else from this shop again. I'm seriously tempted to buy more pretty combs even though I don't need them.

Lady Meikyo of the Cerise Blade

Default Re: Janeet Jack on Etsy

Ooh, I have admired both of these on Etsy!
    Putting it in my signature because I have to say it so often:
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    waist/TB/long

I like them both a lot, but I LOVE the cat comb. That is just adorable! And your hair looks so shiny and beautiful!

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Ooh, I have admired both of these on Etsy!
    You know you want them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    You know you want them.
    I do, but as I pretty much never wear buns (they give me a headache), buying hairtoys for putting my hair in a bun probably isn't a good idea.
    Do what works for your hair, not what other people say is "right" or "wrong." If it works for you, it's not wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it's not right.

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I do, but as I pretty much never wear buns (they give me a headache), buying hairtoys for putting my hair in a bun probably isn't a good idea.
    Fair enough. But there are pretty combs too. Lol. I've been so tempted to buy the dragon comb even though I really don't need another comb.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty89 View Post
    Fair enough. But there are pretty combs too. Lol. I've been so tempted to buy the dragon comb even though I really don't need another comb.
    LOL! I also already have a couple sandalwood combs, in addition to one I had given my mom... and I almost never use combs on my hair, either!

That shop has some REALLY pretty stuff I'm always drooling over... I wish I wore my hair up often, and was pretty enough to wear that kind of stuff, and had dressy occasions to wear it to!

Length
    pixie/waist/happy
    Type
    1c/C/iii

I've bought multiple sticks from this shop and loved them. I was also very pleasantly surprised with the quality given that the pricing seems pretty inexpensive (I did sand down the points of a few sticks that were not quite the shape I wanted, but much closer to the shape I wanted than other cheap sticks I've bought in the past, and these sticks feel sturdy too).

This was the shop I found after I started watching Word of Honor, which includes a beautiful carved chrysanthemum hair stick in the first episode and it all went downhill for my self-restraint from there. Looks like I have a picture of one stick already uploaded to share:

[Description: a half-up disc bun held with a slender hair stick carved into a stylized cloud at one end]

"A green glass-tipped hairpin dropped onto her shoulder and then the floor. Drat. She had never been good at putting up her own hair." Provenance, Ann Leckie

Length
    29"/35/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by The Lizard Wife View Post
    I've bought multiple sticks from this shop and loved them. I was also very pleasantly surprised with the quality given that the pricing seems pretty inexpensive (I did sand down the points of a few sticks that were not quite the shape I wanted, but much closer to the shape I wanted than other cheap sticks I've bought in the past, and these sticks feel sturdy too).

This was the shop I found after I started watching Word of Honor, which includes a beautiful carved chrysanthemum hair stick in the first episode and it all went downhill for my self-restraint from there. Looks like I have a picture of one stick already uploaded to share:

[Description: a half-up disc bun held with a slender hair stick carved into a stylized cloud at one end]

Cute fork! I was surprised too. I don't need any more combs but I always ogle some of them like the dragon one. I think one day, I may get a custom cat fork (if she does customs) and get one that's a bit longer.

Length
    44/55/knie
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

@Shorty,
    lovely hair fork and I guess the comb is very smooth to use too.

@LizardWife,
    your stick is also very classy.

I have some hair sticks from JaneetJack too:

Last edited by Fornarina; December 10th, 2023 at 07:18 AM.