1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default 30 ways to style a chignon

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Length
    BSL/HL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: 30 ways to style a chignon

Some of these are really cute but I can't stand the ones that are purposely messy. It's impossible to wear that for more than 10 minutes, only good for taking cute photos
    🌸Growing my hair until I can't handle it anymore🌸

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I like the one with the scarf woven through it! I'm going to go to the thrift store to see if they have some silky scarves, I keep seeing beautiful styles on here that involve them, and my hair could use the extra protection.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: 30 ways to style a chignon

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    How pretty! The chignon is so versatile, it can been worn by varying lengths. I have some new, velvet-y scrunchies that would work very well.

ETA ~

The messier looks appeal to me! They remind me of boho styles.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

For some reason, multi-quote isn't working for me, so forgive me for not replying to everyone individually.

Messy updos don't work for me because of my silky, baby fine hair. It's simply never been an option.

I often make a chignon by simply tying my hair in a basic knot at my nape and securing it with a spin-pin, hairstick, or fork. It's elegant and easy.

Length
    36/30/n/a
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I've been thinking about chignons a lot lately as I meet the challenge of wearing a winter hat over my bun. I have knitted a couple of warm headbands that work well, but when I go for a walk on a sunny day I wear a brimmed hat and have to have a very low bun or a braid to make it work. Sometimes the bun falls out before I get home.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    For some reason, multi-quote isn't working for me, so forgive me for not replying to everyone individually.

Messy updos don't work for me because of my silky, baby fine hair. It's simply never been an option.

I often make a chignon by simply tying my hair in a basic knot at my nape and securing it with a spin-pin, hairstick, or fork. It's elegant and easy.
    Oh, that sounds so pretty, Neoma.

This is what I like about the chignon, it looks beautiful on all hair types, the options are many. Elegant is a good description for sure. My hair will go into one, but it is a bit of a struggle, some of my hair does want to slip out, but this is fine, I do like the way it looks. What I did was make a low ponytail at my nape, like you did with your knot. Then I pulled the pony through into more of a bun and then wrapped the scrunchie around it. My side layers like to slip out, so I used a couple of fancy bobbi pins to secure them.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nineteenbirds View Post
    I've been thinking about chignons a lot lately as I meet the challenge of wearing a winter hat over my bun. I have knitted a couple of warm headbands that work well, but when I go for a walk on a sunny day I wear a brimmed hat and have to have a very low bun or a braid to make it work. Sometimes the bun falls out before I get home.
    I think a chignon would work beautifully with your headbands and your hat, Nineteenbirds.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Of course I would find this and be enabled!

https://franceluxe.com/collections/chignon-pins

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Oh, that sounds so pretty, Neoma.

This is what I like about the chignon, it looks beautiful on all hair types, the options are many. Elegant is a good description for sure. My hair will go into one, but it is a bit of a struggle, some of my hair does want to slip out, but this is fine, I do like the way it looks. What I did was make a low ponytail at my nape, like you did with your knot. Then I pulled the pony through into more of a bun and then wrapped the scrunchie around it. My side layers like to slip out, so I used a couple of fancy bobbi pins to secure them.
    It's funny, luluj... My maternal grandmother had super-long hair her whole life. This is how she wore her hair every day.

I like the look of a scrunchi bun. I got a fancy black velvet one with an Invisibobble inside recently. I think it would look great in the style that you described.