Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rewetting hair to style - 2nd-3rd day hair

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Rewetting hair to style - 2nd-3rd day hair

Anyone else rewet their hair to restyle 2nd and 3rd day hair?
    This is primarily for wavy and curly hair. I personally spray my hair, until its a bit damp, and then reapply a leave in and gel if need be.
    Sometimes it reawakens the product in my hair and helps awaken my curls. Plus I have really dry hair, and adding back the moisture without a full wash, helps a lot.
    Anyone else do this? How do you style your hair if you do? And why do you do it personally?
    Thanks

---APL----BSL---WL---HIP---TBL---
    Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

The Cheery Raggamuffin AutobotsAttack's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Default Re: Rewetting hair to style - 2nd-3rd day hair

Yupp. Most of the hair regimens involving 3c on up to the kinky 4s, do the rewetting, myself included.

I actually re-wet my hair daily as part of giving my hair moisture again, then doing something similar to the LOC/LCO method.

My hair would be a dry crunchy mess if I didn’t lol

I’ll usually just throw my hair back up in a bun, or section my hair into Bantu Knots.
    “A Wizard is never late! He arrives precisely when he means to!”
    Chin>Neck>SL>BSL>WL>HL>BCL>TBL>Classic>Upper Thigh
    I was the only one who wasn’t King Fu Fighting.

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AutobotsAttack View Post
    Yupp. Most of the hair regimens involving 3c on up to the kinky 4s, do the rewetting, myself included.

I actually re-wet my hair daily as part of giving my hair moisture again, then doing something similar to the LOC/LCO method.

My hair would be a dry crunchy mess if I didn’t lol
    LOL! I’ve been thinking about doing it every day but I feel like the build up of product might be too much for my fine hair.

Lady Nott, Horse Mistress of the Witching Hour in the Order of the Long Haired Knights.

Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Rebeccalaurenxx View Post
    LOL! I’ve been thinking about doing it every day but I feel like the build up of product might be too much for my fine hair.
    Definitely same. I only spritz water throughout my hair, and use like a dime sized amount of something very spreadable, and use a serum to replace an oil to seal the last few inches of my hair.

I tried the whole Shea Butter and conditioner type of sealing once because I saw a few ladies with my hair type doing that, and my hair was so clumped with product and weighed down that I had to wash the exact same night.

But I think everyone’s mileage varies. I too have baby fine hair, but I think the type of hair I have demands some sort of moisture at least every other day if not every day. The best way to describe how my hair feels naturally is like a soft cotton swab. Those ones you buy at the conscience store or like Target. It soaks up quite a bit of stuff, but when there’s too much, welp. Wash time! Lol
    Last edited by AutobotsAttack; October 1st, 2018 at 08:09 PM.

Length
    Chin/40in/FTL
    Type
    3c/4a/F/iii

Do you put your hair up after rewetting? Or keep it down?

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

If I am wearing my hair down and wavy curly girl style I do. I just mist my hair with my water bottle and scrunch, then let it air dry. Sometimes I will mist my hair and then put it up on top of my head so it drys with some volume. Every once in a while, I also spray some leave in conditioner if it seems to need it. I do it because my waves start to fall out and flatten if I don't.

Length
    CBL/WL/HIP
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Damp bunning lets me go longer in between (co)washes. I can add more conditioner or gel if needed to hydrate and tame frizz. The humidity is grossly high where I live lmao.
    CBL 2015 - BCL 2019

⋆Hangin out⋆

Length
    APL/APL/WAIST
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AutobotsAttack View Post
    Definitely same. I only spritz water throughout my hair, and use like a dime sized amount of something very spreadable, and use a serum to replace an oil to seal the last few inches of my hair.

I tried the whole Shea Butter and conditioner type of sealing once because I saw a few ladies with my hair type doing that, and my hair was so clumped with product and weighed down that I had to wash the exact same night.

But I think everyone’s mileage varies. I too have baby fine hair, but I think the type of hair I have demands some sort of moisture at least every other day if not every day. The best way to describe how my hair feels naturally is like a soft cotton swab. Those ones you buy at the conscience store or like Target. It soaks up quite a bit of stuff, but when there’s too much, welp. Wash time! Lol
    I think it’s definitely more about product then anything else, and knowing how much to use.
    I won’t use more then a dime size amount of curl cream/leave in and I usually forgo the gel because i feel like gel is drying.
    But the gel does hold the curl better which cuts back on rewetting my hair. Oh well! Never perfect.

And I usually keep my hair down and bun up for bed.
    I’m finding myself less and less able to wear hair up, headaches etc.

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

If I'm not bunning, I re-wet my ends and face-framers under a tap to revive the sproing, or spray the length with scented water from a bottle if I want an overall revival. I don't usually use any extra product, though, as the water re-slimes any leave-in (I sometimes use a dab of hair mask after washing), and I prefer my hair to be soft and natural.
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

I mix about a tablespoon of Devacurl gel into a cup of water and put it a spray bottle to refresh my hair. I used to use a sea salt spray then I read the ingredients list and did'nt like what I saw.
    It's a good 'pick me up' for my hair on the days I'm not washing.

Hoping to get to bra strap length, technically it already is but only when all my hair is straightened.
    And I don't like wearing straight hair............