Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My first LHC-anniversary! (sort of)

Length
    CBL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default My first LHC-anniversary! (sort of)

So I joined LHC a looong time ago (2013 apparantly). I posted a thread here and there, but I was never very active, until last year. But I'm not quite sure when I started posting regularley; I think it was around january, but don't have any way of being sure.

Anyway, i found my first length picture, and it's taken 26th of march 2016, and so I have decided to celebrate my first LHC-versary today! Prepare for pictures and lots of text XD

I had been struggling with my hair for years. I henna'd it, but I also mistreated it; I blowdried on warm, used heat styling, backcombing etc. And I'd been using Lush hair products, which unfortunatley my hair doesn't like. It was matte, stringy, tangly, flat and difficult to do anything with. I think I switched to regular S&C right before I got active here again. I've been through most phases during the years; co-washing, sulphate free, the "all natural", baking powder and ACV (that lasted all of two washes)... My hair had gone through a major trauma early 2010, I had a perm go really bad, and I have spent years recovering from it. Even when all the permed hair was cut again, my hair never became the same. I got burns on my scalp from the perm, and it made me develop scalp psoriasis. So for years my hair would fall out because of the pso. It's become much thinner than it was before my perm. But in the last year it has become much, much healthier and I am starting to love my hair again

These are from the 26th (left) and 31st (right) of march 2016.

Right after that I cut off 3-4 cms (a little under two inches), because my ends were so thin and stringy. And then in May I got my hair bleached (with Olaplex) to take my henna from a dark red into a brighter copper, which I am still SO happy about! I really love it.

And, my hair, that has been straight my entire life, suddenly turned wavy! Seriously, I have been a 1a with a teeeeeny bit of 1b my entire life, and then... This! Woop!

In July, my ends were making me so unhappy, so I decided to do a chop. I was just brushing hip, but I chopped back to waist. It was sad to loose the length, but my hair looked anf felt and behaved SOOOO much better!

Over the winter I haven't done much to it; I wash 1-2 times a week with a WWCC-ACV routine, I have my hair up in a bun when I'm home and usually braided or loose when I'm outside (which has been very rarely this winter as I've been doing bad health-wise). I'm trying to cut down on brushing and am combining finger combing and using my Tangle Teezer now and then when I feel the need. I've dyed with box dye since the summer, but the dye I used have been discontinued so I'll be going back to henna and cassia now. These pictures are from various times during the fall/winter:

And... Now it's been a year, and I am officially calling hip again! I have been close for a while, but been wanting to wait until today before saying YAY I'M AT HIP! (my thumbs are resting on top of my hip bones)

My length now is about 85cm/33,5"

It's not perfect yet, I'm still figureing out my routine, but I am SO much happier with my hair than I was a year ago! And even though I'm still at more or less the same length as a year ago, my hair is soo much better looking now. So I really don't mind that I had to wait a year more to reach my goal of TBL; my hair will look way more awesome when I get there!

And just to really show it... Here's last year and today side by side (they are not perfectly aligned, so today looks much longer, but it's really about the same length):

I'm looking forward to where I'll be this time next year!
    Last edited by PixieP; March 26th, 2017 at 09:31 AM.

June 2018: Big chop
    CBL - APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - BCL - TBL

Length
    BSL/WL/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i/ii

Default Re: My first LHC-anniversary! (sort of)

Congratulations! It looks so much healthier now!
    A lurker who loves swaps

Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

your hair is gorgeous <3 I really love the color and it looks so healthy

Length
    SL+/40/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

Wow PixieP, looks lovely
    Congratulations!

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Congrats! It really looks a loot healthier now and really beautiful!

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    17/30/30
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Your hair is beautiful and the colour is gorgeous too. Congratulations!

Length
    CBL/CBL/???
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

I remember how you were struggling with your hair, and I'm *so* happy that you've overcome your problems and are much happier with your hair now Your hair looks great, so healthy and happy, with lovely texture and gorgeous colour. Congratulations!
    CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL

Length
    hip/tbl/ftl?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

It looks so good now! I have to agree, the condition has really improved. And I love the copper! Amazing what positive changes you can see in a year, even if you're technically ending at the "same place" as you start.

Length
    CBL/WL/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Your hair looks amazing, congratulations!

Length
    Chin/TBL/Term
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Your hair looks much healthier! Very nice color too!