Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Tatsu, do you know if you can mix FRW with other hair herbs like amla, shikaki and reetha for washing?
    You can I used to mix in bhringraj and methi.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by TatsuOni View Post
    You can I used to mix in bhringraj and methi.
    Thank you. I do WO for my main washing, but I’d like to try FRW and herbs to rinse out oils after treatment

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Feral_ View Post
    Thank you. I do WO for my main washing, but I’d like to try FRW and herbs to rinse out oils after treatment
    I know that a lot of people have had succes with washing the hair indian herbs. For me, I no longer use them, as I needed conditioner to wash them out. But hopefully, it will work for you

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I know that a lot of people have had succes with washing the hair indian herbs. For me, I no longer use them, as I needed conditioner to wash them out. But hopefully, it will work for you
    There’s so many herb variations and everyone’s hair is different I guess. I’m going to try few herbs initially so I know what works or doesn’t. I’m hoping the reetha being soap nut will cleanse the oil I’ve left in.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I've tried both and I while I do like both, I find the fermented version more benefitial.
    Thank you. I'll definitely give fermented rice water a try then.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Type
    3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSnap View Post
    If you use a rice maker and do not rinse the rice, it has a nasty plastic-like layer on the bottom of the rice. The sides of the rice maker may also have a thin skin--like dried glue. We exclusively use a rice maker so we have a plastic rice rinsing bowl. It is a MUST! lol
    I made and ate rice daily for almost 40 years (I turned up diabetic late in life and no longer eat rice) and it NEVER did any such thing. I never rinse my rice, I don't see the use with modern mechanically washed rice. Long ago we had to pick out stones and twigs but not in decades have I seen rice like that.

There are actually rice makers out there that make crispy rice on the bottom on purpose but it really doesn't sound like that's what you are talking about. No rice maker I have ever owned has ever done any such thing nor have I ever seen it when making rice on the stovetop. I can't imagine what causes it for you. Maybe the rice variety? I mostly used basmati, texmati, and jasmine in both white and brown versions. And I literally have NEVER EVER EVER bothered to wash my rice since the advent of modern mechanical processing for rice and other grains.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I've tried both and I while I do like both, I find the fermented version more benefitial.

I use less rice, but I also usually don't use the water from rinsing the rice, but leave the rice in, while it ferments.

I've tested it before and while I don't remember the exact result, it was good. I don't really have a scalp condition, but it's great for my dry scalp.

My hair doesn't like protein, but it loves fermented rice water in my hair masks. I've been using it for at least four years now, with just a short break around 2018. I use it every hair wash, wich for me is around every other week to once a month.

I use black rice now, because it doesn't smell and leaves less of a waxy coat than white rice, when I use it as one of the ingredients I wash my hair with. I found that white rice built up a waxy coating after washing my hair with it a few times, but it was easy to remove with a CO-wash.

I mix it with my homemade herbal mask as a mask, but now also to wash my hair (I still CO-wash after hendigo though).
    Interesting!
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I really should gonna give it a go sometime, never know until you've tried. I have some very nice brown jasmine rice I could try out with.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ok, so I found some really nice organic dark rice. Looking forward to eat it, would be quite a waste to throw it away afted it has fermented.

I am wondering though if I should use the rinse after I have washed my hair, or before washing?
    In the video the girl said that she used it pre to shampooing. I've started to wash my hair with fine sifted rye flour with great success, and this rice water thing starts to sound more and more like the thing that could actually replace the use of conditioner. As I don't use any conditioner at the moment, only ACV as a final rinse.

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    Ok, so I found some really nice organic dark rice. Looking forward to eat it, would be quite a waste to throw it away afted it has fermented.

I am wondering though if I should use the rinse after I have washed my hair, or before washing?
    In the video the girl said that she used it pre to shampooing. I've started to wash my hair with fine sifted rye flour with great success, and this rice water thing starts to sound more and more like the thing that could actually replace the use of conditioner. As I don't use any conditioner at the moment, only ACV as a final rinse.
    I think that you just have to try and see what works best

As a curlyhead I'd like share my experience with fermented rice water.
    I cooked my ricewater with grapefruit peel and let that ferment for at least a week. The smell was suprisingly nice.
    A spritz bottle was very useful to distribute the liquid. After 20min I rinsed it out and styled my hair as usual.
    I was left with a lot of shine, but thats it. In the future I'll try this again! Maybe this helps someone. I wouldn't do it too often.