Page 5 of 66 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Fermented Rice Water

Default Re: Fermented Rice Water

wanted to join in and see how everyone is doing. Soaked some rice yesterday and have used it this evening. Sitting with it in my hair right now waiting to rinse it out . I don't know my genetic ability when it comes to hair (general family is not into long hair)
    And as long as my hair likes the application with no freak outs lol .. Am putting it on my 2016 challenge to do it for a year once a week along with my no trim in 2016. Keep the updates coming and any tips you find out along the way

Nice to hear from another one joining
    If you have any questions or advice coming from your own experiences (which you'll definitely make), feel free to ask and share.

Length
    NL/WL/HL
    Type
    4b/M/iii

If you use a rice maker and do not rinse the rice, it has a nasty plastic-like layer on the bottom of the rice. The sides of the rice maker may also have a thin skin--like dried glue. We exclusively use a rice maker so we have a plastic rice rinsing bowl. It is a MUST! lol

Great to have good company. I've tried WO in the past and it was a disaster in my fine strand hair. "really bad" ... last night I only did WO rinse after 30 minutes of leaving the rice water on with a shower cap and towel. My hair rinsed like when put conditioner in my hair for it to rinse smooth and not tangled. Happy with the results for drying soft an smooth. I would like to find something that I don't have to use extra products. First day hair feels like I shampooed and conditioned it. I used my electric pressure cooker to let the rice water set. It wasn't organic rice so I rinsed it twice before soaking and I still got a nice milky color water result. Interesting to see how my hair does by the end of the 7 days. As always it will be fun ....

Tomorrow is my next FRW session, got through the week just fine no upsets or anything funny, scalp was fine too. My hair is naturally dry in the morning but brushing natural oils down to my length works out just fine to start the day. If I could accomplish anything is staying away from having to add products that look and feel great after application in the moment but long term break down my hair, doesn't actually make it healthier just mask the unhealthy hair I have. That is where I am starting.

was wondering how everyone else is doing with their experience. I'm happy with my hair's behavior since a child my hair has always been easy to tangle and mat . Thus the reason my mom always kept my hair in a "Dorthy Hammill" type cut to not have to mess with it.. lol.. I have always dreaded trying to brush/comb through it too every time I have tried to grow it long always a good 10 to 15 minutes of getting sections untangled at a time that my arms hurt lol.. This morning I realized i went right through the length in about 5 minutes with little effort. I started off with damaged ends lots of white tips and splits just too lazy to cut before the no trim challenge which was a main reason for all the tangles. This morning I didn't have any trouble with them.. And I sleep with my hair down bad habit I know but I don't like my hair up for long periods of time I'll braid and tuck the braid in my hoodie under my coat when I am outside doing farm chores. but while in side I don't like the pull on my head to keep my hair up for too long at a time to let it be down until I have to go back out side again. Two applications for FRW so far once a week, setting my rice today for tomorrow evening for my third.. Turned 50 last Christmas and am post Menopause as of a year and really hated how course my hair had become 3 years leading up to now. Hair is feeling really soft and smooth and light like it did when I was younger. No complaints or feeling the need to add anything between my FRW applications. When I was shampooing and conditioning it's great for 2 days then go right back into dry tangle and matting unless I would s&c again often.. Very Happy that I am done one application once a week and getting the long term results that I was wanting.. .. That's the update

checking in 4th week done...

Length
    39/39/50
    Type
    1a/C/ii

Oh my God! As far as I know, the rice water rising method has a long history in China! gonna try it the next time I wash my hair XD

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I would not trust that if it wasn't boiled. But if it's just for hair, there probably is no harm to it.
    I rinsed raw organic rice and used that water on my face in the past. I guess you could boil it and use that water but I think it would be gooey... Also if you're not using organic rice and you boil it first, any pesticide residue will get in the water so bear that in mind ("Furthermore, they noticed that pesticides disappeared following cooking, probably because boiling in water lead to the leaching of these substances." http://www.academia.edu/5951657/Invi...nt-based_foods ). Other than that I'm a believer of if it's good enough for me to eat, it's good enough to put on my body. Organic food is friggin expensive (twice the price+ of conventional) and I'm not even eating that much of it so I have no intentions of buying it simply to use on my body.
    Last edited by bunneh.; January 29th, 2016 at 04:21 AM.

Length
    39/39/50
    Type
    1a/C/ii

Hello everyone!

I just did my first rice water rinse today! I'd like to share my experience below.

I put some water and brown rice into a large jar with a lid and then waited for 6 hours, from 10 AM to 4PM roughly.
    At 11AM I realized that I might also use some sticky rice water as well so I used another jar and put two table spoon of sticky rice flour and lots of water into it.

In the afternoon I just used the brown rice water and sticky rice water to rinse my hair. I also put several drops of vinegar into my rice water solution to make it less alkaline.
    My scalp felt pretty oily and itchy before the rinse. But after I applied the mixture into my hair and wash it away with tap water, my scalp did not feel itchy anymore. However, it still felt kind of oily...And my hair takes almost the entire evening to dry. But it does feel shiner than before, and probably darker. (I have black hair)

Now I'm making more stick rice water in my bathroom and this time I plan to ferment it for days before I use it. Let's see the result.