Thread: Sutherland Sisters podcast on "Stuff You Missed in History Class"

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Sutherland Sisters podcast on "Stuff You Missed in History Class"

Hello, I'm not too sure if anyone has posted a link to the podcast about the Sutherland Sisters - it's really interesting to find out more about them. I recently discovered this particular episode (I love my podcasts hehe).
    Here's the link

It you're not familiar with them, they were seven sisters who were famous for their super long hair and musical performances. Here is a photo:

SSSLLL - AAAPPPLLL - SSSBBBLLL - MMMBBBLLL - WWWLLL

Default Re: Sutherland Sisters podcast on "Stuff You Missed in History Class"

Thanks for sharing

Seems to be an interesting podcast in general... especially for history freaks.

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I hope you'll enjoy it Platzhalter - they really had a fascinating life

Growing back to TBL! &:D LongCurlyTress's Avatar
    Type
    3b/F/iii

Hi stachelbeere!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this podcast! I always love hearing/reading/seeing photos about the Sutherland Sisters since my hair is the 34+ inches (just reaching TBL) version of theirs! (It's very thick and tends to be frizzy and full and curly!!) It looks just like theirs when I brush it out... Anyways, I loved this and I listened to the whole podcast. There are so many new details about the Sutherland sisters that I had never heard before, so I really enjoyed this.

My goal length is classic but "our" hair can be quite alot to deal with and care for. I definitely don't want mine to get as long as floor length!! Well, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this.
    Last edited by LongCurlyTress; October 16th, 2015 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added info

July, 2016 @ 37inches TBL

Length
    Buzz/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Oooh what an interesting podcast! And what an interesting family
    Virgin colour grown out ✅ Waist reached ✅
    Now heading towards hip!

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Yes the Surherland sisters became famous for their hair and many photos were taken of them.
    Thanks for sharing.

Length
    18/29,5/33
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Haha, no worries, I'm glad I could contribute with the link to this podcast - it was especially interesting to learn about their more 'eccentric' side when they were at their peak fame

Quote Originally Posted by LongCurlyTress View Post
    Hi stachelbeere!!
    Thank you so much for sharing this podcast! I always love hearing/reading/seeing photos about the Sutherland Sisters since my hair is the 34+ inches (just reaching TBL) version of theirs! (It's very thick and tends to be frizzy and full and curly!!) It looks just like theirs when I brush it out... Anyways, I loved this and I listened to the whole podcast. There are so many new details about the Sutherland sisters that I had never heard before, so I really enjoyed this.

My goal length is classic but "our" hair can be quite alot to deal with and care for. I definitely don't want mine to get as long as floor length!! Well, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing this.
    I'm happy you loved it and good luck with getting to classic! your hair really does look a lot like theirs (only a smidgen shorter ) these two presenters have so many more great podcasts, if I stumble across any other hair related ones I'll definitely share them here on lhc

I have a full bottle of the Sutherland Sisters' hair growth promoter complete with original box and supplement. No doubt, as stated in the podcast , it was alcohol and water mixed, but still an interesting artefact. A few years ago it was exhibited along with other Sutherland Sisters memorabilia at the Frieze art exhibition in London. Does anyone know if there is a permanent exhibition of Sutherland Sisters memorabilia at Lockport or anywhere else for that matter ?