Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite movie hairstyles?

Length
    Chin/BCL/Knee?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Favourite movie hairstyles?

Hey all!

I'm watching "The Wizard of Oz" and can't get over how pretty and luscious Dorothy (Judy Garland)'s hair looks. Pretty sure she was one of my first hair idols haha!

I was wondering what your favourite movie hairstyles were/are, I know that there is probably a thread like this floating around somewhere but I decided to make a new one!

Other mentions:
    Rapunzel in Tangled
    Elsa
    Ariel (I think you can probably tell I'm a Disney freak!)
    Almost every long-haired character in "Lord of the Rings"
    Luna Lovegood
    Chin-Shoulder-Apl-Bsl-Mbl-Waist-Hip-BCL-Tbl-Classic-Thigh-Knee-????

Now On to TBL!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15.5"/30"/35"
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Favourite movie hairstyles?

Galadriel in the Lord of the Rings movies (but it was even cooler in the book)
    Honestly I love the hair so much in the movies I watch all of them in spite of Peter Jackson.

I guess I only have one favorite. :/ Nothing else stands out to me at all. Almost every other movie we're lucky to see nice looking bsl wigs.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Some of the styles I love... in no particular order:

Arwen's Battle Braid (Lord of the Rings): pic 1

Empress Elisabeth of Austria (Sissi): pic 1, pic 2

Lucrezia Borgia (The Borgias): pic 1, pic 2, pic 3

Giulia Farnese (The Borgias): pic 1

Lagertha's accent braids (The Vikings): pic 1, pic 2

Rapunzel Braid: pic 1

Daenerys Coronets Half-up (Game of Thrones): pic 1

Cersei Purple Wedding Updo (Game of Thrones): pic 1

Princess Isabella of France (Braveheart): pic 1

There are probably lots of others I forgot to mention... but here I'm posting only the styles that I also found complex. If we were talking about hair loose, then my list would probably be endless

Length
    shldr/tbl?/ftl?
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I know right? LotR movies are awesome for hair, soundtrack, special effects, and not much else. Ever After has some nice hair though. I recently re-watched it and it wasn't as long as I remembered! I guess that's what happens when you hang out on TLHC.
    The hair on Brave is awesome!
    Lady Ambrella of the Jewel-Strewn Beaches in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    17/45/40
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

I first fell in love with hair when I saw 'Titanic'. Kate Winslet's hair in the film was beyond gorgeous to me and the first thing I wanted to do was go out and color my hair red followed by a perm. Thankfully, I never followed through with it, mainly because I was only 8 at the time! But, her hair has always been one of my inspirations and the one reason I kept coloring my hair varying shades of red looking to find the "perfect" one. My other film inspiration was Danielle from "Ever After" - serious case of 'long hair envy' with that film! My goal when I started growing my hair long was to have hair the same length as hers and it didn't hit me until I'd reached fingertip length that my hair was well beyond her length. I love how those styles look so simplistic and yet intricate all at the same time. Personal favorites: the ball scene where she's dressed as an angel with that braided updo and the ending scene when she's finally a princess.

Length
    2"/TBL/???
    Type
    4c/F/iii

I hardly watch movies, but I saw a couple of season 1 Vampire Diaries episodes, and Nina Dobrev's hair was amazing...I'm not usually a fan of super thin hair but hers looked awesome.
    Started: 13/11/2014.Elapsed
    MBL :: WAIST :: abyss :: hip:: TBL :: class
    Lady Sarah of the Invisible Warlands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

To be honest, the long hair of the elves in the Lord of the Rings in general is gorgeous. Even it's just worn down with simple waves.. so pretty!
    88 cm currently

BSL --> Hip --> BCL (100 cm) --> TBL --> Classic (124 cm)

Type
    4a/4b/M/ii/iii

I too love the Disney movies! Hair that I loved seeing:
    Meg (Hercules)
    Esmeralda (Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    Jasmine (Aladdin)
    Ariel (The Little Mermaid)
    Elsa and Anna (Frozen)
    Merida (Brave)
    And my favorite of all: Pocahontas! It's really funny seeing her run around the forest and canoe DOWN A WATERFALL and her hair swings perfectly the whole time. I loved her character overall more than just her hair though.
    I would have liked to see Tiana's hair down at least once. I bet it would have made a nice thick curly 'fro (if she pulled it right out of her usual ponytail).

As a side note: This isn't Disney, but am I the only one who loved Hermione's hair in The Philosopher's (Sorcerer's) Stone and The Chamber of Secrets? She was so cute with her hair thick and bushy as described in the books! In the later movies she gets it cut a bit and it starts to look less bushy.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    bald/Hip:)/termi
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I love Rapunzels hair from Tangled! My favorite hair from a movie is definitely her's. I sure do wish I had hair that thick and long.

Length
    CL/CL/???
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

Probably not a very popular choice around here, but I LOVE unrealistically sleek bobs!
    Carol Marcus from Star Trek: Into Darkness and Claire from Jurassic World are my kinda hair.

In fact, I pretty much only have long hair because my bobs NEVER look that good.