Thread: Fuzzy hair baby and daddy!

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

Default Fuzzy hair baby and daddy!

It seems my daughter has inherited part of her hair from her father.

Both my hubby and my daughter have this hair at the back just below the crown that is....fuzzy. I don't know how to explain it other than it's like..like no other hair I've ever seen!

It sticks up at all angles, and sort of acts like it has gel or something in it when it does not. It's almost moldable, but not exactly. You can comb it/brush it and it will go smooth like regular hair but after a bit it puffs up and goes all wonky again.

I've let daddy just deal with his own hair but on baby girl it bugs me! She's 13 months old. I've tried oiling it, conditioning it, and using an argan oil styling cream I have. Nothing helps! I wash her hair only once a week max, other days in the bath it's just water only or maybe a little CO wash. I use Live Clean (a Canadian SLS free organic line) products.

I will try and snap a picture tonight. Anyone heard of this before?

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it

Default Re: Fuzzy hair baby and daddy!

Yes. It's possible the have certain sections of the scalp produce a diff texture. I have straight and curly sections. I'd suggest for her some kind of hair putty or wax; it needs to have some weight if you want the section to be straighter.

Length
    23.75/24/30
    Type
    2a/F/i

I tried to get a pic last night be she was being cuddly and refused to turn around so I could take a photo of the back of her head!! It's almost like it's like little wires and you can move it around and play with it and it stays in place?

Henna gone, at APL now!
    You often meet your destiny on the road you've taken to avoid it

Length
    ?/BSL/?
    Type
    2c/F/i

I noticed something similar a lot of infants I worked with had that type of hair growth when the 'back to sleep' campaign got really strong. I think that the infants are rubbing their scalp on that one spot with every movement they make in their sleep. As reassurance, I noticed that as soon as they were on their feet and walking during the daytime that the spot became less fuzzy and that hair began to match the rest of their hair. Obviously I can't tell you that has to be what going on, but it might help you to have a theory, and the observation that it did go away in the cases I saw.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Both my children would wake up with a fuzzy matt of hair on the back of their heads. I would spritz it with water and detangling spray to tame it before we went anywhere.

Length
    SL/Hip/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I have this. It drives me crazy! My hair can be in great condition, but with this section of fuzz laying over the back it looks frizzy. Weighing it down with oil only helps a little. For me, the only time it's not an issue is when I use gell and twist my wet hair into ringlets, or 5 days after wash day. Hoping it will get better with a few more feet of length to weigh it down.
    APL - BSL - Waist - Hip - TBL - Who Knows?
    While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. -Mark Twain