Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangs or no bangs, which look do you like better on me ? (Pic included)

Length
    20"/MBL/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

Default Bangs or no bangs, which look do you like better on me ? (Pic included)

Hello Everyone, I have to make a hair decision soon so I wanted to ask your opinion. I've scheduled an appointment to cut bangs and add a few darker foils around my face. To help me decide I pinned some of my own hair as if they were bangs and took photos. I like both looks but I'm leaning towards bangs at the moment. (That could change tomorrow, lol !) I've had bangs on and off over the years and I always enjoyed them but I would get bored and grow them out, then bored again and cut them short again. When I don't have bangs the hair drives me nuts hanging next to my face and I tend to always pin it back, so that's one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards bangs. My hair grows quickly so it's easy to grow them out and I don't mind styling them every day, I can do it with my heated round brush in a couple minutes. I really just want to know if I look better with them or without.

Which look do you prefer on me ? Keep in mind that the bang photo is just pinned hair and actual bangs will look even better

Have you had bangs that you loved ? Hated ? Do you have bangs now ?

Here's my photo, thank you for looking.

And here's how I typically wear it when I'm not at work, it's cute but gets a bit boring and it also looks a lot like my 18yr old daughter wears her hair, lol. Sorry the photo is so huge !

Last edited by UltraBella; November 14th, 2014 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Added another photo

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Bangs or no bangs, which look do you like better on me ? (Pic included)

Both are pretty but the one with bangs looks more interesting there is more movement and detail around your face.With bangs,it's always like that - you fluctuate between growing them out and cutting them back.If you want them,go for them.

Default Re: Bangs or no bangs, which look do you like better on me ? (Pic included)

I think you're pretty with both styles, but I kind of like the bangs more, because you look a bit like Jennifer Garner with them. Cute
    favorite shop: schnitzstube
    favorite hair product: coconut oil, aloe vera
    hair hero: lagertha from vikings

Length
    0-2/37/42
    Type
    2a/M/C/ii

I also think you look the best with bangs, but then I'm pretty partial to them (sadly I can't have them myself). To me, bangs tend to make the wearer look softer, sweeter and younger. You already have all of those characteristics, but the bangs accentuate them even more.
    I asked my DBF and he immediately said "without", but he's against bangs on everybody. So with us two you get pretty subjective opinions on this.
    Last edited by Wosie; November 14th, 2014 at 02:34 AM.
    ...Did anybody say purple?!
    CBL APL MBL Waist Hip TBL Classic

Length
    SL/TBL/?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

You look great with bangs UltraBella So I vote for them.

I had bangs and liked them but eventually grew them out. My favorite hair dresser quit her job and she was the only one who could cut my bangs just the way I wanted them. Didn't like those regulars trims and all the styiling too much either.

Wittingly Unpronounceable fišrildi's Avatar
    Length
    26"/40"/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Generally, I always prefer the look of no-fringe hairstyles. But you look very pretty with bangs (even if you look beautiful with the hair pulled back as well), go for them! They really suit you

Lady Anairė of the Bow and Arrow, Wizardess of the Tundra Waterfalls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCL • TBL • Classic

Length
    18"/32"/36"

I like the look with bangs the best. Both photos are pretty, but the bangs add a softness and draw attention to your eyes.

Length
    1.5/3.75/20
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I'm going to go against the grain and vote no bangs. You have such a beautiful hairline, you shouldn't cover it up with bangs. Also I think bangs are a little higher maintenance than no bangs.

Length
    CBL/WL/CL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

I would keep the bangs because they look good on you and you have that option to pin them back. Both looks look really great on you. You're lucky! I look better without but I love bangs. My life was easier without them though so go with whats easiest for you. You would look just as lovely with no bangs as the first picture proves and no bangs are lower maintaince and less fuss. Geez I could go back and forth all day I'm a gemini and I can't make a decision to save my life. They both fit your face nicely!
    Last edited by ZeppHead; November 14th, 2014 at 06:53 AM.
    "Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality."
    -Emily Dickinson

Length
    12/28/*hip*
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

1) YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL
    2) I like the nobangs better! You have amazing volume to oomph up the face framing layers, which is instant class and quasinonchi chique!
    3) But it's a close tie, as bangs also look Really Good on you.
    4) Also if you do go for bangs, they might already bring a bit of darkness to your face, color wise I mean. Maybe keep the darker foils you're planning on the lighter side? Or you ask for dark ones for maximum effect and many comments on your métamorphose.