Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Telephone cord hair ties or invisible elastics

Length
    SL/30"/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Telephone cord hair ties or invisible elastics

Recently I started using these:

I love them because they hold really well, they don't stress your hair in one point, they don't cause headaches and they don't cause crease like usual hair ties.

I didn't find much about these hair ties around here. Have you tried them or am I the only one that has fallen in love with this strange looking little things?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Telephone cord hair ties or invisible elastics

Xeah, i've seen those on another forum and people really seemed to love them. I would probably use them to secure a bun, since the tie slips under it, but for a ponytail i really do prefer the normal thick elastic, they just look more polished imho. I like girly things, but i'm not positive about the look of these in particular.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

It's great that they work so well for you! There is a 5-page thread on the LHC dedicated to these ties: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=75477
    I think they are popular in Asia.

I am not sure if they would work as well on very textured or thick hair: I'm seeing some potential for tangling or snapping individual hair strands, but I could be totally wrong. I'm curious about what others think.

Length
    SL/30"/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

If you ignore appearance they are really useful in my opinion. They can look pretty polished if you put them in just the right way, and they don't seem girly to me. Even my boyfriend wears them.

Here he is with one of them

Length
    SL/30"/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Sorry meteor, I didn't see your reply before I posted and I also didn't see the previous thread..

As for textured hair I've read some reviews and even people with thick curly hair love them. I can't say from my own experience because I have naturally straight hair, but this hair ties hold well even if my hair is slippery.

I was about to buy them for myself, because i heard of plenty reviews where people would point out how gentle they are on the hair, that sure is a plus.
    Usually i bun with a fork or two sticks and just don't use any ties at all. So on the rare occasion i'm wearing a ponytail i tend to go for the least noticeable thing i can find, i dunno. Probably i have this girly preconception on these things because when i first saw them it was actually a knock off in the H&M accessory section full of gold bling and pink flowers. I understand that not causing any damage is important to almost all of us, i would probably wear them around the house as well.

I'd rather be outside browneyedsusan's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/TBL/???
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Those are new to me! I've never seen them before.
    We do have bracelet style key holders like that, but I've never seen any market for hairties.

I'd give them a try. Where do you find them?

henna keeps it
    red, and red makes me happy.
    Pixied for 15+ years and liked it.
    Growing for fun.

Length
    SL/30"/CL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

MINAKO give them a try even if your first impression was bad ( I would probably hate them if I saw them first in bling bling arrangement ). As I said they are: gentle, they don't leave crease (my favourite property) and they are easy to remove.

browneyedsusan: I first saw them packed in three in a drugstore and at a hairdresser but they were quite expensive so I bought them on ebay.

Yes, i really did hate removing hairties and ripping out a few hairs alog with them. Good thing it doesnt happen with these, if you say so. Maybe the next time i happen to see some of those in black i will get them, as long as the color is safe i can use them for the bun thing anyways. Usually i like something like a stick or fork to show, but there are days when i just feel like having no visible accessories in my hair. They are called Papanga here in Germany. The price is ok i think. They only deliver within Europe tho. Here's the website.

http://www.papanga.de/en/

Length
    Buzz/Shagg/Waist

Oh these are kinda cool i'll have to try them when my hair is long enough

also Browneyedsusan, you can find them on amazon just search for "phone cord hair ties"
    Proud mommy to Freyja 6-3-2015 and Loki 2-17-17! <3
    Currently at shoulder length, not sure how long i want it, so i'm just gonna let it grow till i decide its long enough!