Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you ever have a bad hair week?

Default Do you ever have a bad hair week?

Ever have a period of time where everything you do to your hair goes wrong? Like you feel like you got it all figured out, but then there is yet another rude awakening that, no, in fact you don't have your hair all figured out.

Well I'm having one of those weeks. I think it's a just-joining-LHC symptom that will pass in time.

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Do you ever have a bad hair week?

yes, and its usually when I end up buying more products and cutting my hair.
    trying to stop both habits.
    Cut hair 11.06.2013 to CBL. Patiently waiting for it to grow back strong and healthy.
    Photo taken 12.04.2013

Yes I agree with ErinLeigh.

I've had about 6 months of bad hair but it's improved greatly since finding LHC. I'm a new member too I know I found it a little intimidating when I first joined. There are so many people with long gorgeous hair on this site (yours is gorgeous too btw ....you are at my goal length and health if that makes you feel any better )

Length
    Shldr/CBL/Happy
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Yeap, every now and then there are times (several days in a row) when my hair decides that it absolutly wont copperate no matter what, even though I havent done any changes in my (very simple) routine. The braid waves wont last, its frizzy, too flat or too fluffy, a strand decides to flip in a funny direction... you name it. I dont really do anything about it, I just wait and itīll pass. Eventually
    Last edited by restless; January 26th, 2014 at 12:07 AM.

I'm over excited to try all these things, so anything and everything can go wrong, lol. My hair isn't as healthy as my avatar makes it seem, I styled it with rollers so it lays nicely. It's all bleached and breaks off constantly and soaks up everything/gets buildup in a bad way.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Yes I have those moments every day of my life. That's why I hate trying new things on my hair.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    buzz/chin/waist
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I always have bad hair moments when I try new products or attempt to switch from a routine that I know works well for my hair. For instance, not long after I first joined LHC I began reading about how quite a bit of the people here stretched their washes for days or weeks at a time, so naturally that was one of the first things I attempted for my new hair routine. After a few months I began to realize I am just not the type that can stretch their washes for longer than every other day.
    Another thing I tried repetitively but my hair just did not like was the much raved about SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment.) So many people here have good outcomes from that treatment, but I always end up with a big frizzy mess. Turns out my hair loathes honey.

I also get bad hair days from sleeping on damp hair, but that is usually resolved by spritzing it with water and running a comb through it.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the static in the winter and humidity in the summer.
    current length: chin/bob growing out undercut | first goal length: BSL

Length
    Chin/Hip/Class
    Type
    2b/M/C/ii/iii

Having a bad hair week right now. Between a disappointing haircut where the hairdresser cut off too little instead of too much (so my ends are still crunchy), and going to a hotel with only shampoo and no conditioner, and realizing that I need to cut off two inches off my length because my overlayered ends are getting the better of me... Ugh.

Mediocre Clarinet Player ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

My entire life is one big bad hair week.

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Yes!
    Not that often anymore though, since I've found out pretty much what works for my hair. I still get those bad weeks when I just long for the next washday to start over and hope for a normal week. That's when I just braid it, hate it and wait for washday.

BOB * SL * APL * BSL * WAIST *HIP * BCL * CLASSIC? *