Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I could cry.

Length
    Pixie/102cm/150cm
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: I could cry.

Quote Originally Posted by tetisheri72 View Post
    Looking at it this morning, I realized that I might not be as firmly hip as I was, but I'm brushing hip, so it's good. And my ends look really good, so it's all a blessing in disguise.
    I'm glad you can see the silver lining to this cloud.

97 cm Photo taken 1-1-2017

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

I tried to trim my own hair when it was short - because I had no money for a salon. Big mistake! It was so funny looking when I finally quit trying to even it out.

At least you didn't pay somone money to ignore your request. And it was unintentional and a miscommunication. And he feels bad.

Glad it seems longer than it did at first.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by joflakes View Post
    Aww, that's so annoying, I hope it grows back really fast!
    I hope so too. It's been growing faster lately, so that's good.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by LauraLongLocks View Post
    I'm glad you can see the silver lining to this cloud.
    I try hard to do that. I tend to be very grumpy and pessimistic. I don't really like the way I am that way. I get snappish and yell at my family, and make everyone miserable. So, I'm working on seeing the benefits to things that happen, and realize that things aren't always the way that I would see.

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by embee View Post
    I tried to trim my own hair when it was short - because I had no money for a salon. Big mistake! It was so funny looking when I finally quit trying to even it out.

At least you didn't pay somone money to ignore your request. And it was unintentional and a miscommunication. And he feels bad.

Glad it seems longer than it did at first.
    Yeah, that's not a good thing at all. I don't like most hair dressers, mostly because of that.

Length
    14/25/36
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

Wow. If it helps any I can relate. When I was with my ex I asked him to take an inch off the ends, evenly. It was about shoulder length then and needed to have the ends cleaned up. Well, he cut off one inch on the left and three inches on the right! It was incredibly crooked. There's no way to have done that accidentally. I was aghast and I asked him if he was intoxicated on anything. He said no (which I think was false.) I ended up having to get it fixed and having a very short bob. I was very angry. After that I determined that anything I couldn't do myself wasn't going to be done. Now with my husband, who has hair a bit longer than TBL, he understands the value of care and precision. We now have a creaclip, and of course a ruler. He can slide that clip down to the ends and measure what's to be cut. I recommend measuring any time you entrust your hair to another person!
    xoxo
    gothchiq

Length
    ?/36.5/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

That's a good idea. That would definitely be a good idea. My husband wants to grow his hair out long too. He's just in between chin and shoulder. I evened up his hair and trimmed the ends yesterday. His hair is a mess. He doesn't take great care of it. But, he's learning, so it should get better, eventually.

And wow, the difference between one and three should have been bloody obvious, that's a serious ouchie right there.