Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disc Bun Variation- NOT center held!

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Talking Disc Bun Variation- NOT center held!

So I found a variation of the Disc Bun that not only looks completely different, but is very, very comfortable, and seems to hold as well if not better than the original (depending on the toy...sometimes I'm still going to do the center held version.)

It's really easy. Do a normal disc bun, but instead of inserting the stick in one hole and out the other...just stab the stick (or fork, or ficcare) THROUGH both loops.

MairyDozy/TempestMoon fork:

Ead regular size stick:

Ead medium size stick:

I'm really, really loving this variation!

ETA: Adding the video I did here so that people don't have to go through the whole thread to find it:

Last edited by Kaelee; November 20th, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    Buzz/Calf/Class

Default Re: Disc Bun Variation- NOT center held!

That is fabulous ! Congrats on your recent discovery! lovin' the look of that Mairzy Dozy fork!

Length
    10/LTL/ankle
    Type
    1c/C/iii

The last one is my favorite!
    1c/~C~iii

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by rowie View Post
    That is fabulous ! Congrats on your recent discovery! lovin' the look of that Mairzy Dozy fork!
    Thanks!!! For the moment at least, I'm reveling in the feeling of finally being the first one to come up with something cool. I'm sure someone will come along now and say "what? I've been doing it that way all along!" but until then...I'm proud!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Your disc bun is looking great Kaelee! I think out of all of them, the fork is my favorite: very sophisticated and understated. But the sticks are fun too for a pop of color and playfulness. Great choices for all of them!
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sillage View Post
    Your disc bun is looking great Kaelee! I think out of all of them, the fork is my favorite: very sophisticated and understated. But the sticks are fun too for a pop of color and playfulness. Great choices for all of them!
    I really love this fork. It holds in this bun AT LEAST as well as a ficcare (but more comfortably, in my opinion!). So incredibly practical, durable, dress it up or down kind of fork. It's the like the dark wash blue jeans of hair accessories! The fork is actually why I learned to do the disc bun this way because it was just TOO WIDE to fit through the holes!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Gurl, you are making crave a fork!!! Your action shots and encouragement are not helping me resist temptation LOL!!!
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Gurl, you are making crave a fork!!! Your action shots and encouragement are not helping me resist temptation LOL!!!
    Well, if you must cave to the temptation, Tempestmoon's plain fork is a seriously good start. I would be sorely tempted to buy another if it weren't for the fact that I don't need another because one is great for everything. Mine is 4 inches by the way, and my hair is almost waist (though my sig pic makes it look shorter because of the angle and bun waves).

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair is nearly at waist too-- but it's pretty thin and fine so I wouldn't be able to get a nice sized bun like yours. Still tempted to get it just for decorative purposes (and wear it when I use a hair rat) because it looks so becoming in your hair.

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair is nearly at waist too-- but it's pretty thin and fine so I wouldn't be able to get a nice sized bun like yours. Still tempted to get it just for decorative purposes (and wear it when I use a hair rat) because it looks so becoming in your hair.
    She does make shorter/smaller ones also, some of hers are 1" wide instead of 2".