Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the world hairdo?

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Default End of the world hairdo?

Ok, i do my best to avoid reality, but sometimes i fail and something depressing slips in....this thing on thursday (10th sept) about a machine being switched on that'll cause a black hole and...i don't even know what it'll do....but anyway, my usual response to anticipating a crisis is to make sure my hair looks nice and that i accessorise well.....so i'm going to henna this week, but not sure what to do with my hair....if i knew for certain this black hole thing was going to happen i'd flat iron, can't be worse in terms of damage than getting sucked into a black hole anyway, but i don't actually own any. So i'm sort of wondering how to wear my hair now.....

Are any of you planning end of the world hairdo's?
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    Short/25.25/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

Default Re: End of the world hairdo?

LOL over your post

BTW: the "other" LHC (Large Hadron Collider)
    http://www.universetoday.com/2008/08...-rap-is-a-hit/
    Last edited by HairyCarrie; September 6th, 2008 at 06:44 AM. Reason: Add more info

Length
    less/long/more
    Type
    2a/C/iii

LOL. Patrick Moore said that the probability of the other-LHC causing a black hole was the same as a UFO landing on the Loch Ness Monster's head next week, so you are wise to be prepared ChloeDharma.

It might just find a particle called the Higgs Boson (aka 'god particle') though, which'd be prettty cool.
    "All of life is a foreign country" (Jack Kerouac, 1949).
    "I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious." (Albert Einstein)

Length
    17.5/17.5/17
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

What an awesome post! ChloeDharma, you crack me up!

I think that if the world is ending, I'd like to make sure my hair was in a fun, yet kick-butt anime style and I had my roller skates on - so I'd look like some kind of awesome, ready to take on anything, wheeled superhero!

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Beatnik Guy View Post
    LOL. Patrick Moore said that the probability of the other-LHC causing a black hole was the same as a UFO landing on the Loch Ness Monster's head next week, so you are wise to be prepared ChloeDharma.

It might just find a particle called the Higgs Boson (aka 'god particle') though, which'd be prettty cool.
    Ah, ok, that's reassuring....i still don't quite get the point though, but the other image i had in my head was like on buffy, when that demi-god gloria was looking for a key who was dawn buffy's sister (who has stunning hair!) to open some portal thing and she got some of dawns blood and managed to open it and these demon monster things were coming through so buffy (also with amazing hair in that episode) had to jump into it to close it because they realised they both have the same blood.....but anyway, so that was another thing i thought of.....and if you are going to be rescued by emergency services you really need to look your best i think.
    I know it sounds like i'm joking....but when i was having to escape from the 12th floor of a burning building (where i last lived) my main thought was checking myself out in reflective surfaces and swishing my hair about as i ran thinking "if i have to go thank god i look this good!" just pure luck i had spent ages on my makeup and just smoothed out my hair with a BBB when the alarm went.

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by mellie View Post
    What an awesome post! ChloeDharma, you crack me up!

I think that if the world is ending, I'd like to make sure my hair was in a fun, yet kick-butt anime style and I had my roller skates on - so I'd look like some kind of awesome, ready to take on anything, wheeled superhero!
    Lol thanks hun xxx

That image sounds fab! I'm thinking tight hipsters and a tie front navel revealing top

Cheese
    Length
    16/23/50
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

I'd just put my childhood blankie over my head.

I swear I thought you were serious at first! LMAO!

Well, I know what I would be doing if it were the end of the world . . . and my hair doesn't enter into it.

Well, maybe a little bit . . . but mostly it involves someone saying, "Who's your daddy?"

Type
    1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by longhairedfairy View Post
    I swear I thought you were serious at first! LMAO!
    No really, i was.....i'm a bit reassured by beatnik's post, but still going to make sure i have my face on, hair nice and a decent outfit on on thursday just in case