Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hair Binge

Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Default Hair Binge

A weird mood struck me and I decided to purchase a bunch of hair stuff all at once. Thank good for Amazon Prime because I have four separate orders. I've been wanting to try Manic Panic Electric Tiger Lily so I picked up two jars of that. Well if I bought that I would need to touch up my roots first so I bought a box of my hair dye. Then I remembered my sister was over due for a henna gloss and I used up the last of it a month ago so I got some Henna. For some reason I remembered that months ago I wanted to try some Monoi oil infused with vanilla so I got some of that.

I have a problem. Does this happen to anyone else? It's like that if you give a mouse a cookie book. Now, I'm like "maybe I can get some kind of hair mask from Lush this weekend."

I didn't 'NEED' any of this stuff!

Length
    CL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: Hair Binge

Gosh, I have "wants" like this all the time, hair-related or not. Not a day goes by without me getting new purchase ideas. I make a deal with myself to wait every idea out (about 80% of my wants go away in 2 weeks) and only buy one thing at a time. But I fail at it quite often LOL

Sounds like you needed henna and it was for your sister anyway, so doesn't count! And oil idea was tested with time, so there's that. And the other two purchases are sort of a "kit", so you really only bought one impulse thing. And Lush? Does it even require any justification? See?? That sort of reasoning is what gets me in trouble

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I have those sort of wants but first I need to go through mine and remove the unfriendly hair items. I have two dressers full all ready and more to go. I figured it's time to pitch out the old before I buy new.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    SL/CL+/WL+
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

YEP! I just went to pay off my credit card and found it's $200 more than I thought it would be. Most of that WASN'T hair stuff, but things like my spa membership and phone bill, but still!

Shoulder--APL--BSL--Waist--Tailbone+
    Disc bun tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1YzsZ_s-U4

Length
    24/32.25/Dunno
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyGhost View Post
    ...For some reason I remembered that months ago I wanted to try some Monoi oil infused with vanilla so I got some of that...

I didn't 'NEED' any of this stuff!
    You and I have similar hair types and you state you don't need Monoi Oil *gasp*!?! You will only need a very minimal amount on fine hair, but it does wonders for our hair type.
    Last edited by DweamGoiL; November 2nd, 2013 at 10:53 AM.
    DweamGoiL

1c - 2a / f - m / ii | current length = 32.25 inches - working for a thick blunt hemline

Yes I just did this yesterday in fact.. My current conditioner was causing protein overload so I went on sally and was looking for conditioners .. so I could make a mental note ... and I ended up buying 6 bottles of conditioner .. it happens every one and a while .... because I these are things I cant find where I'm currently living (or it has to be a day trip because its an hour there and an hour back) ... so I just buy everything at once

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I bought an entire line of hair care products a couple of weeks ago when I already had a bunch of hair stuff in my shower. I'm actually returning them today because they didn't really "wow" me. And now I'm thinking of all the other products I wanna try. I must resist... must must must resist.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I have a problem. Does this happen to anyone else? It's like that if you give a mouse a cookie book.
    Ha! It's exactly like that book!

Too funny, I do this too. I have no idea why, I don't recall always being this way. In the past, I recall only having one or two "back up" items, if that. Maybe I've gotten a little over the top since over the years several things that I like have been discontinued, so now when I find something I like, I want extras, just in case. Interesting, my sister did this with a mustard she liked this summer, when we were on vacation, and wanted to buy more, but it wasn't convenient for my BIL to go back to that store and he happened to be driving. He was like, "there will be other mustards...", all sensible-like. A few days later my husband, son & I happened to be driving by the store where she found the mustard, and I bought a whole bunch for her. Because I can surely relate! I do this more with hair and bath & body products, though. But lately I have been trying to use stuff up and at the very least, give myself 24 hours before following through on buying something. I haven't bought any shampoos or conditioners, but I've been on this leave-in kick. I couldn't just buy one, it had to be 3 or 4 different kinds; a sea salt spray, a serum, a shine spray, a heat protector. Like I need that many. But aside from trying to use time as a deterrent to get a grip, I also try to visualize my sensible BIL's voice in my head..."there will be other mustards... haha it works sometimes
    Last edited by renia22; November 2nd, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Length
    SHLDR/TBL+/CLSC?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

In the last 2/3 weeks I just bought(/DBF bought me) 1 hairstick/pin (+ matching earrings), 3 Flexis and 1 RavensCroft moon... Plus I'm about to buy another moon from a swap/sell on here and I'm considering trying to track down a Ficcare or 2... Don't even get me started on my Christmas list!
    No trims in 2014! 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12!
    Hip (34")
    --> BCL (36") --> TBL (~38") --> Dreaming of Classic (42") --> Mid thigh?! (~46"?)

Length
    8/31/45
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

Same problem here, I get the binge urge to buy stuff it's ridiculous. >.<

I try to curb it by throwing as much as I want into my online shopping account w/o looking at the price or anything then NOT check out. I'll hop by a week later with a fixed budget and see what's the best value for money I can do w/that then. Unless of course it's an online clearance sale. Then trouble.

And I want a moon, but I'm not even sure whether to find them and if my hair is long enough (yeah it's waist, but only a small part is as it's super layered... some layers are above my shoulders!).