Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I at MBL? :O

Length
    15/30/40
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Question Am I at MBL? :O

Hi all. I feel like i've been at BSL forever AND A DAY!!!! But according to THIS meassuring chart i just found on google , i may already be at a solid MBL :O. What do you think my length IS now at?

Heres the chart

And here is my current length

I cant get my ends to behave properly (they tend to flip upwards) and I had a half braid for a couple of hours tonight so my hair is slightly wavy but normally my hair is straight.

The black line is pretty much where my hair would normally fall to at full length if it didnt have the braid wave in. I should really do this post on a normal hair day but im to impatient to wait until tomorrow (its 11pm now) and i need to know ASAP. I feel like ive been at BSL for sooooo long!!!! I will be jumping for joy to know that i am at least CLOSE enough to MBL AM I? AM I?

Ok, the questions one more time. Am i at MBL? A solid MBL or a "maybe there" MBL? Or am i still at BSL? (

Off to bed now. Thank you heaps!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Am I at MBL? :O

I'd call that BSL sorry, MBL is much nearer to waist length you've got a good few inches to go.
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I know mbl is shown on the chart near bottom bra strap but alot of people call the bottom bra strap bsl here. I could be wrong.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

grumpy moon princess millyaulait's Avatar
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I would say BSL. To me MBL starts exactly between BSL & Waist, which is quite a few inches lower than your marker.

{
    maintaining waist
    & wishing for waves }

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Also on this chart, why does hip look lower than tailbone and almost classic?

I don't even think MBL is a great marker anyway, where the fricking frack is it?

My suggestion is not to sweat the marker, your hair "is what it is." I know I am enjoying my hair the length it is now (almost BSL), and say to myself, next year, it will be so awesome that it should be at waist, sometime.
    Last edited by Wildcat Diva; October 26th, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Length
    17?/37/...
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Does anyone have a chart they could post that is more accurate to LHC standards for hair length?
    I always heard bsl was bottom of bra strap, like Jacqueline 101 states and it would make me more confident to have an accurate chart.
    She foots it ever fair and young, Her locks are tied in haste,
    And one is o’er her shoulder flung, And hangs below her waist

Length
    APL?/TBL/100cm
    Type
    1b/M/ii

I'd call your length BSL too as it's just below the bottom of the bra band which is where BSL starts. There are some different opinions about what MBL length is. Generally the marker MBL is used on men who usually don't wear a bra so that's their equivalent of BSL and the marker stands somewhere between APL and waist on them, just so they'd have a marker between APL and waist because that's a long way to go otherwise. Some ladies also use the MBL marker though when they get tired of waiting for the next goal after BSL which is waist and mark it halfway between those.

So if you use the men's criteria then yes you are MBL = BSL, but in the women's criteria you're still a few inches away. Your hands seem to be at waist in this photo so when you hit the halfway point of now and your waist, then you can call MBL if you wish, but quite frankly I'd just wait for waist myself if I were you.

Also Wildcat Diva is right, hip is not where it should be in the diagram. That's about classic there where it says hip. Hip is around the waistband of those pants there in the diagram or a bit higher, depending on bone structure.

ETA: Also, here is a slightly more accurate looking chart to me, which does have MBL there also, somewhere between BSL and waist. But keep in mind people, that we all are built different ways and therefore have different proportions so the length to grow from one marker to another may vary.
    Last edited by Ocelan; October 26th, 2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: added link

Hip ---- BCL -- TBL -- 100 cm of hair!
    Growing my virgin roots since the end of 2011. Maintaining at TBL+ in 2015!

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I like this one seems pretty accurate..

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Length
    17?/37/...
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Thanks bunzfan, my buddy, my pal. That seems more like it.
    She foots it ever fair and young, Her locks are tied in haste,
    And one is o’er her shoulder flung, And hangs below her waist

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I always measure BSL from the bottom of the bra strap, and on both of those charts it's measured at the top. So I'd say MBL is actually lower, between the bottom of the bra strap and waist. Depending on your anatomy this could be a really short milestone or, can seem to last forever!