Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all biotin users!

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Red face Calling all biotin users!

Hi! I have been taking biotin for about 2 months now. Personally, i think it effects my growth rate. My hair is growing almost an inch a month! Whereas before I noticed hardly any growth at all.

So, ladies and gentlemen, have you noticed a difference? How much, and what brand are you using/ how much are you taking?

I use gnc hair skin nails, which I take 2 of realgiously every day.

Tries to Help Everyone jacqueline101's Avatar
    Length
    slh/Hip/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Re: Calling all biotin users!

Ive noticed growth on my journey but I use multiple products.

http://51303.photobucket.com/user/ja...ker101/profile
    Some say I'm nearing hip and my fat ate the hair I'm jacqueline101 not a pronoun
    jacquelinewalker101.blogspot.com

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Nada, zip, zilch, bupkis. It hasn't done a thing for my hair OR my paper-thin nails.
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hummm that's interesting. Did it effect your skin? How long were you taking it for?

I've been taking 5000 mcg of Spring Vally Biotin pills everyday for 3 months.... Honestly I haven't noticed a difference, I'm still at 1/2 inch a month. I plan to keep taking it anyways (maybe after time it'll start to help?) and I might add in a daily vitamin. I already eat healthy, drink only water and exercise daily so there is not much more I can do there to help with growth. It stinks too because I want my pixie gone! :P

I guess I should add that my nails do seem stronger and I haven't had any breakouts (but I never have breakouts).

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

I take anywhere from 1000mcg to 5000mcg a day, I never take the same amount everyday, of Nature's Bounty Biotin. I have been taking it for the better part of a year and the quality of my hair has improved, it's not as coarse and is much shinier but at the same time I also take 1 Jamieson Prenatal vitamin daily as well exercise 6 days a week and try to eat healthily. Biotin is a must for me, it is a staple in my regimen lol not so much for growth as my growth rate has only increased by maybe a 1/4" but for quality. The quality of my hair, skin, nails and it helps with my weight as well.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Thanks, firefox, for that article. I wasnt aware!

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

It made my acne act up, does that count? I took it for over six months, plenty long enough to notice a difference. I am no longer taking it because I don't think it is good to take random things unless they actually do something beneficial. I wasn't taking it for my hair, I was really, really hoping it would help my fingernails. I can't get anything to work for them. It is a problem that I have had my whole life. However, my hair still grows the same rate, within normal, seasonal fluctuations. I haven't noticed an increase in thickness, nothing. And as I said, my nails are still HORRIBLE. They are so thin that they bend, and they peel. I have tried about every supplement and hardener on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrinaclrke View Post
    Hummm that's interesting. Did it effect your skin? How long were you taking it for?
    Change is the only constant.

Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

I have a question for those taking biotin. How many of you know what the daily recommended amount is?