Thread: New person here. :)

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Default New person here. :)

Hello everyone,

I've been a new member for a while and am now finally stepping out of the shadows. I'm not sure what to say, so please bear with me while I fumble through this. My hair is not very nice. I have shoulder-length, extremely thin blonde hair that is also extremely oily. In fact, all of my skin in extremely oily. I am an oily, oily mess. It's so bad, that I have to wash my hair everyday or suffer an oily, itchy, flaky scalp. Right now I am using a coal tar shampoo, to see if it will help with the oil/itching. I used to have nice-ish hair, it was never thick but it was better than it is now, something that gets pointed out to me a lot, which I will admit kind of hurts. I used to dye my hair, and while I didn't use bleach and only used a supposedly very gently hair dye (manic panic), now I can't do anything with it at all for fear it will get even worse. I really miss my long blue hair, as I don't really like being blonde at all (just my personal preference). I would really like to color my hair black with henna, or even red, but as I said, I am afraid to put anything in it. It's frustrating.

As for me the person, I am an author and illustrator for my family's small business, but I earn my (little bit of) money doing Japanese language tutoring/teaching (so blue hair isn't really an option anymore anyway I guess). I do amateur special effects makeup, just on my family and friends, for funsies. I love goth things and scifi/fantasy. I have been coming here on and off for a while, as all of you seem extremely knowledgeable (and not to mention, have extremely beautiful hair!). I look forward to meeting everyone , and if I can't have pretty hair anymore at least I can surround myself with people who do. I *am* trying to fix it though, and will eagerly listen to any advice offered. Despite the fact that I can't wear half of them, I have a large collection of hair toys. Mostly these days I put them in other people's hair, which is almost as nice as wearing them myself.

So that's me Looking forward to chatting with everyone and learning lots!

Type
    3a/M/ii

Default Re: New person here. :)

Welcome to LHC!
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    TERM/SHLDR/APL
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Welcome! I'm sure that you can grow your hair long. You'll find plenty of useful advice here.

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Thank you both for the kind welcome

Length
    SL/Knee+/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Welcome to LHC
    Hello

Length
    28/44/40
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Hello and welcome! Have you invested in a silk sleeping cap or a pillow case yet? Happy growing!

Lady Leeloo Minai, Keeper of the Fifth Key, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    2a-M-iiCL-SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WL-HL-TBL-ClassicDrop by drop fills the tub” - Proverb

Type
    1a/F/i/ii

Dragon: Thank you Nice nickname - I love dragons!

Leeloo: Thank you! I alas do not have either silk sleeping cap or pillow case - would that help? Where can I find them? Pillow case would probably be better as I have a tendency to pull things off my head while I sleep... :/