Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Growing from shoulder to APL!

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Arrow Growing from shoulder to APL!

(Thread inspired by from APL to BSL come grow with me!. )

My hair is at "about shoulder length", and I'm not happy with it. I'm at a length that's not short, but not long, either, so I'm not too excited about it at the moment. I can't wait for my hair to get longer - I'll be happy when I reach APL! (Must start with small goals, right? )

I don't really know what to do with my hair because it's too short for interesting updos, too long to look "cute" when down. It's just obviously in a not-so-nice stage, waiting to get longer.

I know there are others here with hair this short (certainly short by LHC standards! ), so I thought we'd all benefit from some support: rant about your short hair woes, or tell us all why you love your hair at this stage! Lets make the long wait to long hair more pleasurable!

Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Growing from shoulder to APL!

My hair *might* be at my collarbone when wet, I too wish it would grow faster! Right now I feel like I am in some sort of limbo-place between short and long hair.

I can't wait for it to be long enough to make a respectable braid, and for it to be an obvious decision to onlookers, instead of "is she too lazy to cut it" or something..

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Hi Manako!

The front of my hair (longer than the back) is at collarbone when I stretch it. I'm soooooo tempted to straighten my hair right now just so it'll look longer. But then I think that that would be counter productive, because I want my hair in good health, and if I give in to the flat iron now, I'll have a hard time stopping again - it's addictive!

I can't wait for it to be long enough to make a respectable braid, and for it to be an obvious decision to onlookers, instead of "is she too lazy to cut it" or something..
    I so know what you mean! *sigh*

Length
    18/23/25
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Shoulder-length here! Actually quite happy with it, even though I obviously want it longer.

Good idea is to buy some nice barrettes, slides or claw clips that will look good in your hair right now (rather than waiting for long hair until you can have nice hair toys).

And I know lots of people warn against using metal barrettes, but as long as you put them in your hair gently and take them out gently, the hair shouldn't get caught or damaged. And you can get some really lovely barrettes in different sizes. I've been combing etsy for them lately. Just love em

Claw/Jaw clips too - especially the small ones - work great too. You can twist your hair up a little, put the claw over it, and feel like you have a sort of updo going on .
    Soon enough I think I'll be able to do a half-up in the form of a short braid with the top canopy. How exciting (and how easily pleased am I? )...

Enjoy your SL to APL hair, all

Length
    buzz/ear/apl
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thank you for starting this thread.

I just reached collar bone length a few days ago. I haven't had my hair cut since January, my ends are severely tapered and I just hate hate hate how my hair looks down at this length. I've had significant regrowth in thin spots since joining so my hair is all different lengths, plus I have layers so my only choice is to slick my hair back and wear it up all the time. I've gained a lot of length and my ends look very healthy since I wear it up everyday, but I can't wait until it looks good enough to wear down...at least every once in a while.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'll join you in the ranting and hopefully the support too!
    "Equations are the devil's sentences!" ~ Stephen Colbert

Length
    SHLDR/SHLDR/?
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Yup I'm between shoulder and APL. Well pulled straight I'm at APL but I count it as where it falls when my hair is natural (curly). I'm gettign to the point where I can at least braid my hair now so that's a plus!
    Last edited by sexyjacksparrow; August 29th, 2008 at 04:41 AM.
    Does my hair really look like that from the back?
    Hermione Granger - Prisoner of Azkaban

Length
    CL/CL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have been maintaining shoulder length, while cutting off layers. I am now letting my hair grow, and I can't wait to hit APL!
    ~Renegray Gang Member~

I'm with you. I have few hair days when I like the way my hair looks down right now. I'm hoping when I finally reach APL that my good hair days will be more frequent. Until then I just put it up, usually with a hairstick and dream of the day when things are better.

Length
    APL/BSL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Hello everybody.I cut my hair from bsl to between shoulder and apl.I had alot of damage from bleach that I wanted to get rid of.I did it last friday(august 22nd).

Length
    Waist/<TB/Clasc
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

*pops head round door*

Just wanted to say, silver&gold your curls are so gorgeous!

*leaves again*

Nes x