Thread: Teas/Rinses Help Please

Length
    18"/24"/40"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Lightbulb Teas/Rinses Help Please

Hi Everyone,

I am planning on starting to try some more tea rinses but have some questions, here are the ones I want to try. . .

Catnip - Good to help prevent split ends and conditions hair?

Rosehip & Hibiscus - Conditioning?

Rooibos - I have used this before but stopped because I was too lazy. I am going to start using it again though as it really helped my Psoriasis - more than any medicated scalp rinses i've used!!! It seems to condition my hair a bit but can be a little bit drying. I started using it because I heard it can help hair growth?

I was planning on soaking my hair from ears down in Catnip for 1 hour after shampooing, then use rosehip&hibiscus from ears down for a final rinse and rooibos on my scalp do you think this would work? I will still use my normal shampoo but I would like to find an alternative to oils and conditioners.

For catnip treatments what mixture would I use?

Finally is it best to put these on your hair when the mix is hot, warm or cold?

TIA!

**********SL ***APL*** BSL *** WL *** HL

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

Default Re: Teas/Rinses Help Please

I do a hibiscus/catnip rinse. I just dump some catnip (a tablespoon or so) in an old pasta sauce jar full of water, sprinkle some hibiscus on top, and nuke it for 3 minutes. I let it cool overnight and then strain it. I use it as a leave in. I have put in used rooibos tea bags once or twice. Maybe I need to do it more often since I have the tea almost every day.
    Change is the only constant.

I'm in love with marshmallow root. I keep a bottle of acid rinse with m.r. extract in the shower. I dilute it and rinse after washing, leaving it in.

Length
    17/24/32
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I do the Rooibos nearly every other day, I add hot water to used tea bags then leave them to steep overnight and then pour it (cold) over my hair in the morning. For the other tea rinses I leave them to steep until cooled and do them once or twice a week on the days I don't use the Rooibos. Rooibos does not seem to dry my hair out, but it does cut down my frizz.
    I kinda think if you do them all at once you may be rinsing off the benefits each time you pour a new one over the one you've already done I don't rinse my tea rinses out I get out of the shower and leave it in my hair.
    Last edited by Allychan; February 15th, 2013 at 05:26 AM. Reason: added cold

Length
    17.5"/36"/37"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I steep a dark tea like English Breakfast with fresh rosemary and cool it to a temp I am comfortable with then use it...it kind of depends on the season whether I use it warmer or cooler
    2015: 7" growth~~~2016: 5" growth
    Jan. 1, 2017: 36"
    hoping for virgin tailbone Summer, 2017