Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wore My Snood To Work - I Work With A Bunch of Idiots

Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Wore My Snood To Work - I Work With A Bunch of Idiots

Okay, so today was the Christmas party at my office. I wore a red and black outfit and decided to wear my red snood and I put a black lace hairband over it. Honestly, if I could wear a french hood I would, but I digress. Anyway, I got several nice compliments on the snood. Then one of my co-workers comes by while I'm sitting down, touches it, ugh (a couple people actually felt the need to touch it) , and says that's really cute, I say its a snood and she says, "its a hair condom" I'm serious, she really said that. After she left, I said to one of girls at my table, that the other one's comment really pissed me off. So my friend says, "well, it is pretty unusual". Its a freaking hair net for god's sake, is a snood really that weird to wear. Grrrr.

And just saying, in my own humble opinion, the snood and hairband looked very cool together.
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/

Default Re: Wore My Snood To Work - I Work With A Bunch of Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli Kat View Post
    Okay, so today was the Christmas party at my office. I wore a red and black outfit and decided to wear my red snood and I put a black lace hairband over it. Honestly, if I could wear a french hood I would, but I digress. Anyway, I got several nice compliments on the snood. Then one of my co-workers comes by while I'm sitting down, touches it, ugh (a couple people actually felt the need to touch it) , and says that's really cute, I say its a snood and she says, "its a hair condom" I'm serious, she really said that. After she left, I said to one of girls at my table, that the other one's comment really pissed me off. So my friend says, "well, it is pretty unusual". Its a freaking hair net for god's sake, is a snood really that weird to wear. Grrrr.

And just saying, in my own humble opinion, the snood and hairband looked very cool together.

Sorry you felt offended, but those comments actually seem very nice to me. The fact that snoods aren't common is true, but your coworker that called it a hair condom was probably just joking around, as she did say it was cute, didn't she ?

Sorry if I'm not seeing the situation properly, but all you said actually seemed flattering to me (received lots of positive comments about the snood) and I just don't see why you were offended or what makes anyone an idiot in that situation.
    Last edited by Maktub; December 14th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Length
    shrt/BSL/clsc
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Yeah the compliments were nice. It was the condom comment that upset me. I don't know if she was joking or not, I would probably say not, since we don't actually know each other well enough to joke with each other that way, which is why I was upset about it.

As for my friend, if she had commented, "oh, that's really unusual", I would have been okay with it, but the way it was said was like since its unusual, its okay to compare it with a condom.
    My cats are the boss of me.
    My Blog -http://katsklawpolish.blogspot.com/
    Owen and Iggy's Blog: http://owenthedragon.blogspot.com/

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I don't get the comparison between snood and condom; I must admit. That would never occur to me. But I truly don't think offense was intended, except in the case of referring to people as a bunch of idiots.

Length
    18/28.5/32
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Are you really that surprised? Snoods aren't exactly a common sight.

Relax.

Calling it a condom is idiotic and illustrates where her mind resides.

Length
    20/20/35
    Type
    1b/F/ii

sounds really cute. i'd like to see photos
    Starting over, again.
    /20/20.5/21/21.5/22/22.5/23/23.5/24/24.5/25/25.5/26/26.5/27/27.5/28/28.5/29/29.5/30/30.5/31/31.5/32/32.5/33/33.5/34/34.5/35/35.5/36

Somewhere between over here and over there...
    Length
    waist/clsc/fngr
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii/iii

It sounds like she spoke without thinking. She may or may not have realised how stupid she sounded and immediately thought something along the lines of "Step 1: locate foot. Step 2: locate mouth. Step 3: Insert foot into mouth. Operation complete. This conversation is officially 1000 times more awkward than it needs to be."

I hope it doesn't affect your ability to wear it if you actually like it. I would've never been able to look at it again without her stupid face popping into my head and hearing her voice ring in my ears and reliving the lovely experience, and would probably end up getting rid of it even though I really did like it (it's happened before, even when people are joking). I had someone make a particularly stupid comment about my hair in high school (a good 8 years ago, now) and I've still not worn it down curly since because every time I go to wear it down, I relive that and think "*sigh* nope... close, but... nope." and put it up. I hope you're not like that!!

Pictures, please! Hair toy pictures are always lovely!
    Lady Aeolwynne of the Crystal Dragon in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    15/19/32 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Sounds lovely, but relax. The idea of a condom shouldn't be something to get worked up over and ruin how you felt and negate the compliments...a condom is a condom, for safe sex. Not a big deal. I doubt she was saying that your hair was phallic looking. I rather think that people who don't have safe sex are the idiots...lol.

Sunscreen obsessed weirdo kaydana's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Doesn't sound like she meant anything bad by it, and you got nice comments on it, so I'd just be happy with that.

I thought it was just me who wishes I could get away with wearing a french hood!