Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slipperiest Conditioner You've Ever Had?

Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Slipperiest Conditioner You've Ever Had?

I have medium curls with fine hairs that tangle easily. I use Garnier whole blends conditioner (coney) and Olaplex 5 conditioner (also coney) concurrently. The Garnier is VERY affordable for what it is and you can buy enormous bottles of it. I do a minimal, watered-down shampoo and then use this conditioner almost up to my scalp, but not on the scalp. Then I use the Olaplex (which is much more expensive) on just the shafts and ends of my hair from about shoulders down (in other words, the most damaged parts of my hair). Both of these conditioners have done great things for my hair. I love coney conditioners and have not had a problem with buildup with these products, and if you've liked cones in the past you might like these. I get great slip with them. Before I started using the Garnier consistently, I had a much bigger problem with tangles and frizz. My hair is much more smooth and manageable now. The Olaplex I received as a gift, and while I do like it a lot (the scent is good too), I'm not sure I'll buy another bottle when it runs out just because of the price. I still recommend it if you want to keep trying new products. Garnier whole blends is very accessible and good for the price, so I can use a ton at a time and the bottle still lasts me 6-8 months.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lavenderhaze View Post
    Suave Essentials conditioner, the cheap stuff that costs a couple of bucks at the drugstore or grocery store. No cones. The coconut one is good. Rich texture.
    These were my go to conditioners, and cowashes, they gave me seaweed hair and are great to use for detangling. I quit using them because Suave added 24 hour fragrance that was overwhelming. there are lots of negative reviews about it. I’m still using up my old stash, so don’t know if they have corrected the fragrance overload problem.
    But that’s the slippiest conditioner I’ve used. There is a lot of product in the bottle and they are so inexpensive, so no worries about using a lot.
    Yes, the coconut one has never failed me in ... well, I won't tell you how many years. It's pretty coconutty still but I don't find it overwhelming. Love it.

There also used to be a (at least in the US) drugstore line called La Coupe, back in the 80's, that came in square black bottles. The conditioner was absolutely the slippiest stuff I ever put on my hair and it smelled like melon.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

This mask from Pantene:

Length
    ChinL/WL/TERM
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by renia22 View Post
    This mask from Pantene:

I also have that mask as well but til' this day I have never tried it. But one of these days soon I will after I'm finished with using up all of the other stuff from my hair product stash!
    (Chin length) (Shoulder Length) (Bra Strap Length) (Mid Back Length) (Waist Length) (Hip Length) (Tail Bone Length) (Classic Length) (Mid Thigh Length) (Knee Length) (Calf Length) (Ankle Length) (Floor Length)

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

For me it's "Kundal, Honey & Macadamia, Premium Hair Treatment". It's a Korean deep conditioner and does amazing things to give hair slip. I got them from iherb. My mom tried once and got addicted. She has curly frizzy hair so she's a lot more impressed with it than I am. My hair is usually slippery so I don't use such things much.

Length
    BSL/BCL/SDL
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I got Loreal Dream lengths recently, and it's slippery and good

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

All the Kerastase conditioners gave my brittle, easily tangled hair good slip. Yes they are expensive but my comb always slid easily through my hair afterwards.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

I've been noticing that conditioners with Jojoba and avocado oil seem to provide decent slip!
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    0.25/52/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I don't use cones (or sulfates). The conditioner that gives me the most slip is Nightbloomings conditioner bar. And unlike liquid conditioners it actually lasts for many washes instead of just two for me.

Be nice or the beast will scream

Lady Raven, Guardian of the Enchanted Forests of Nevermore. In The Order of the Long Haired Knights