Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you Blonde? Share your tips and tricks (natural and bottle welcome!)

Default Re: Are you Blonde? Share your tips and tricks (natural and bottle welcome!)

Another "born blonde darkened with age" checking in. I've added bleachblonde streaks in the past, but I've stopped doing that now. And I'm currently considering if I should do a lemon/honey/cassia treatment or rinse with ACV and reddish teas to see if I can bring out the little redtones I have...

Zandy, Angel & Tøfflus
    "Who can believe that there is no soul behind those luminous eyes!" ~ Theophile Gautier

Length
    Bob/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Are you Blonde? Share your tips and tricks (natural and bottle welcome!)

i have a theory....i cant back it up (yet) but, if you need a purple (violet 2 or external violet 2) or a blue (blue 1) shampoo/condish, why dont you just buy the pure dye and put it in the shampoo/condish bottle you use? It would technically have the same effect no?
    APL-BSL-Waist
    -wavy- cwc

Length
    10/Chin/BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Yeah it works. I mix purple dye with conditioner sometimes. I have no system whatsoever, i just guesstimate, and sometimes this does result in a bit of a purple tinge

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

What kind of purple dye? Food coloring? Paint type stuff? I'm clueless.

Type
    1a/F/i

Oooh I know that's right! Years ago I made the mistake of using a "rinse-out" hair color! Fortunately at the time I was wearing my hair short; but until the hair grew and the color was cut off bit by bit, I was a strawberry blonde!

Quote Originally Posted by Riot Crrl View Post
    - Do not listen to people with darker hair when they tell you things like "Yes, this rinse/Halloween hairspray/shampoo out hair color will shampoo right out!" These things could stain light hair more permanently than that, if not totally permanently.

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I always thought I was born a light blonde and then darkened, but looking at my pictures a while ago, I learned this was not so. I was born strawberry blonde, was strawberry blonde until I was about two, and then I turned this kinda goldish blond that I still am today.
    Currently I don't do anything special for it.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    Bob/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i

MsBubbles it is just a pure dye.....you can yahoo or google violet 2 and it will show you resourses to buy it...
    Last edited by kmangus; October 13th, 2009 at 07:07 PM. Reason: bolding
    APL-BSL-Waist
    -wavy- cwc

Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

John Freida also makes the color renewing shampoo for Blondes that has a lavender tint to it - it corrects brassiness.

Lady Nereida of the Riptide Shores - LHK
    Renegray: Silver Hair is a Sparkling Diadem

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I have no idea why I'm reading this thread.

ANYWAY, if you want a light purple dye to remove brassy tones, I strongly recommend Special effects Toner. It's supposed to take bleached hair to white, but it sounds like it'd do exactly what you wnat, plus, it's already a VERY light purple and it doesn't stain bleached hair (usually), so I'd go with that. Manic Panic has a similar one too, though I haven't used it personally, it should function the same--one of the only times I'll say that is with their toners.

Special Effects is just called Toner, Manic Panic's is Snow White, I think.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

I have no idea why I'm reading this thread.

ANYWAY, if you want a light purple dye to remove brassy tones, I strongly recommend Special effects Toner. It's supposed to take bleached hair to white, but it sounds like it'd do exactly what you wnat, plus, it's already a VERY light purple and it doesn't stain bleached hair (usually), so I'd go with that. Manic Panic has a similar one too, though I haven't used it personally, it should function the same--one of the only times I'll say that is with their toners.

Special Effects is just called Toner, Manic Panic's is Snow White, I think.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)