Page 400 of 404 FirstFirst ... 300350390398399400401402 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4035

Thread: 60thstreet thread

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: 60thstreet thread

Yes maybe different batches of the same colour differ in the discolouring?
    But it's strange that all my 60th street forks have gone dark.
    Oh well, nothing to be done about it. Maybe I'll sell them.
    I never wear them anymore.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by eresh View Post
    Yes maybe different batches of the same colour differ in the discolouring?
    But it's strange that all my 60th street forks have gone dark.
    Oh well, nothing to be done about it. Maybe I'll sell them.
    I never wear them anymore.
    That's a shame they all turned brown. All mine have faded a bit, colors not as bright as before, but not turning brown yet. I would still wear them even if they turned brown, though. It's almost fall and they can blend in with nature.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Since my hair is finally long enough for buns to hold securly the entire day, I've gone a bit overboard with buying new hairtoys

It changes weekly, but for the moment these are my three favorite forks to wear

(I hope the pictures are not too big, I haven't figured out a way to make them smaller)

This is a 2 Prong 5 1/2 inch Daisey Style Hair Fork made of Blossom Cherry WebbWood.

3 Prong 5 inch Lynne Style Hair Fork made of Charcoal Dymalux

3 Prong 5 1/2 inch Bev Style Hair Fork made of Dark Indigo Dymalux

Length
    13/37/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Finda, I can't see the forks. Your hair is like shining gold!

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Sapphire-o I never noticed your comment, thank you That was the full force of the sun hitting hair and fork lol

Here is a picture of all my current 60th Street forks. It's a bit of a work in progress. I seem to have amassed a lot of gray forks and I'm thinking of swapping some, but can't decide yet. Sometimes the same color can look very different. I thought to sell the charcoal lynne once the longer charcoal bev arrived, but the shading is so different, I can't decide which one to keep I might also swap the ebony one.

Upper left, top to bottom

• Bev style, Cocobolo Dymalux
    • Daisey style, Blossom Cherry WebbWood

Upper right, top to bottom
    • Jeni style, Dark Mountain Camo Webb Wood
    • Jeni style, Aqua Dymondwood (shortened by myself in case it looks crooked)

Bottom row, from left to right
    • Pepper style, Mulberry Dymondwood
    • Daisey, Light Indigo Dymalux
    • Jeni style, Dark Indigo Dymalux
    • Bev style, Dark Indigo Dymalux
    • Savanna style, Charcoal Frogwood
    • Lynne style, Charcoal Dymalux
    • Bev style, Charcoal Dymalux
    • Savanna style, Ebony Webbwood
    Last edited by Finda; February 7th, 2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Got the name of a style wrong

Length
    1"/36"/42"
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    It changes weekly, but for the moment these are my three favorite forks to wear

This is a 2 Prong 5 1/2 inch Daisey Style Hair Fork made of Blossom Cherry WebbWood.

3 Prong 5 inch Lynne Style Hair Fork made of Charcoal Dymalux

3 Prong 5 1/2 inch Bev Style Hair Fork made of Dark Indigo Dymalux
    Those forks are beautiful in your hair Finda. I really like that braided bun. How did you make it?

Length
    Chin/40"/43
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Finda View Post
    Sapphire-o I never noticed your comment, thank you That was the full force of the sun hitting hair and fork lol

Here is a picture of all my current 60th Street forks. It's a bit of a work in progress. I seem to have amassed a lot of gray forks and I'm thinking of swapping some, but can't decide yet. Sometimes the same color can look very different. I thought to sell the charcoal lynne once the longer charcoal bev arrived, but the shading is so different, I can't decide which one to keep I might also swap the ebony one.
    Thank you for posting your beautiful collection, Finda! That Mulberry is so pretty. Have you had it for long? It has tempted me for a while, but my dymondwood have tended to fade significantly over time - especially the green/blue shades, so I am not sure if it would be worth it. So I wonder how it evolves over time...
    I ought to post my collection as well. I wear my hair up in an Amie fork 90% of the time...

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by bokeh View Post
    Those forks are beautiful in your hair Finda. I really like that braided bun. How did you make it?
    Thanks :) That's a dutch braided seashell. It's basically a diagonal dutch braid you roll up and pin with a fork. This is the tutorial I used. It's not english and pretty long but you can fast-forward to 10:15 where she rolls up the braid and ankers it with a fork. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4083Xak0JOA

Quote Originally Posted by Isa-belle View Post
    Thank you for posting your beautiful collection, Finda! That Mulberry is so pretty. Have you had it for long? It has tempted me for a while, but my dymondwood have tended to fade significantly over time - especially the green/blue shades, so I am not sure if it would be worth it. So I wonder how it evolves over time...
    I ought to post my collection as well. I wear my hair up in an Amie fork 90% of the time...
    I bought the Mulberry second-hand a couple of months ago and I have no idea how old it was. So I can't really say. I wonder if the new woods like webbwood or dymalux will also darken with time. I'd totally like to see your collection :) Sometimes the real shades are hard to tell from the shop pictures.
    Last edited by Finda; February 8th, 2021 at 06:46 AM. Reason: Forgot the link

Length
    Chin/40"/43
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Here is my collection of 60th Street forks! I started collecting them in 2010... These are the forks I wear by far the most, especially my 4-prongs.

1st row Left to right:
    Jeni Indigo (I had asked for a light shade), 6”; Michelle Raspberry Twist, 6”; Michelle Earth & Sky, 6”; Barb Alabaster, 5 ½”; Barb Indigo, 6”; Bev Desert Sunset, 6 ½”
    2nd row left to right:
    Amie Tropical Passionwood 5”; Amie Charcoal Silvertone 6”; Amie Vineyard 6”; Amie Rosewood Burgundy 6”; Buffy tulipwood 6”. Jessica Twilight (?) 6 ½”.

I have had these for 10-11 years (apart from the Buffy, which I acquired in a trade with saphhire-o in 2014 ); and as you can see, the Dymondwood has faded significantly on all forks, particularly for the blues (which have turned grey) and pinks (which have turned brown).
    My Buffy in natural wood turns out to be the one I reach for the most, but I do wear them all.
    So if I were to build my collection again, I would favour natural woods over dymondwood – which as I understand, is no longer produced anyway. The Vineyard and Twilight are the most disappointing - they used to be so vibrant and gorgeous!
    Last edited by Isa-belle; February 10th, 2021 at 07:23 AM.

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Thanky you Isa-belle, for sharing your collection! Wow, the fade is sigificant, though your forks are still lovely! I also favor blue forks and when looking at older pictures of 60th street forks I always felt it was a bummer I got too late into forks to get the pretty dymondwood colors like Indigo, Alabaster and Twilight. I knew these forks would turn darker over time, but totally changing colors is a pitty. You're right, considering this, getting natural colors would be a solution.

They're generally my favorite kind of forks because they are so thin, yet still sturdy and the headcurve is perfect for me, so I also wear them a lot.