Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Scrunchies

Length
    Pixie/Chin/WL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Default Re: Scrunchies

I love scrunchies. I bought big packs of satin and velvet ones from Amazon for cheap, and now I have probably too many I guess I got a little excited when my hair finally got long enough to pull back...

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Does anyone remember the headband scrunchies from the 90s? I do. I still have mine. I bought a crap-ton of them back in the day. And the elastics still aren't worn. They lasted really well I have to say!

There is one YTer selling them in her store. I haven't found them anywhere else yet. Sadly, it looks as though she's passing them off as her "invention".
    Now I'm curious, what are those?
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    10/MBL/TBL
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SelenVinland View Post
    I love scrunchies. I bought big packs of satin and velvet ones from Amazon for cheap, and now I have probably too many I guess I got a little excited when my hair finally got long enough to pull back...
    Same! I bought a pack of 40 of velvet ones from Amazon a few months ago, and now I find them all over the house.
    MBL stretched | MBL curly

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Im a scrunchy fan. Ive even made a few myself. I wanted a smaller scrunchy for the end of a braid. So I sewed one up. Ive also made a typical sized cotton and velvet scrunchies. The velvet one I added star beads onto! Alas that one is long gone.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    I have been thinking it would be nice to have small scrunchies in the braid ends. But I have only seen what is called skinny scrunchies, which seems to be scrunchies with normal circumference but less fabric, and it doesn't interest me.

Then I found these on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/Gwni...on_id=29801746

I'm really excited.
    I ordered some and I hope they are what I am looking for. Those which I ordered should be real silk too. And what a price!
    Ugh those are so cute I want to squeeze them!
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Im a scrunchy fan. Ive even made a few myself. I wanted a smaller scrunchy for the end of a braid. So I sewed one up. Ive also made a typical sized cotton and velvet scrunchies. The velvet one I added star beads onto! Alas that one is long gone.
    Aw bummer you don’t have it anymore, I would have loved to see it! Stars are my fave.

~ ~

I don’t wear scrunchies super often, but I do occasionally. I sewed a hook style rubberband into one, (so I could wrap it around a pony instead of pulling it up and down), and I really ended up liking it that way.

I meant to do more but never got around to it- this thread reminded me about it! If I can find it I will take a pic for you guys, I need to rummage through all my baskets it’s around here somewhere

~ ~

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post
    Aw bummer you don’t have it anymore, I would have loved to see it! Stars are my fave.
    Its not my old star scrunchy, but I thought it would be silly to mention the others and then not show them. This is my little braid end scunchy and my normal sized one. They are made from cotton fabric by the artist Tim Holtz, which was left over after making this little clutch. I like grays and blacks, and things that are a bit gothic. So a murder of crows scrunchy was bound to happen at one point or another. I must admit that I've never actually warn either schrunies with the little wristlet.
    Last edited by Kathie; August 6th, 2020 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Added a better picture
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    Its not my old star scrunchy, but I thought it would be silly to mention the others and then not show them. This is my little braid end scunchy and my normal sized one. They are made from cotton fabric by the artist Tim Holtz, which was left over after making this little clutch. I like grays and blacks, and things that are a bit gothic. So a murder of crows scrunchy was bound to happen at one point or another. I must admit that I've never actually warn either schrunies with the little wristlet.
    Ooo I like those, just my style too!

Length
    ?/WL/FTL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My for work scrunchie. I love anything nature-y so had to buy it. She makes flatter scrunchies which are a bit different so you can see the print more, if that’s your thing.