Page 1305 of 1495 FirstFirst ... 30580512051255129513031304130513061307131513551405 ... LastLast
Results 13,041 to 13,050 of 14946

Thread: Buzz | Ear | Chin

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Default Re: Any Super-Shorties Out There???

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    And I'm going to post this here just in case it serves as inspiration for anyone. This is my one year anniversary of hair growth from a 1mm buzzcut without any trims. My hair is about 11cm in the second picture, what's between slow and average
    Your curls are so pretty .
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Quote Originally Posted by toastertroodle View Post
    My super short pixie has started entering the shaggy unkempt looking stage and I have been feeling so. darn. ugly. I’ve been feeling so much regret about cutting from APL to a pixie, even though I had gone back and forth about doing it for about six months. My hair would have definitely been BSL had I not cut it. Ugh. I never feel pretty and feminine anymore. Luckily it’s getting to be hat season so I can just cover it and not think much about it but I’m still just feeling so bummed.
    Don't worry so much about it! We are our worst critics, it's surprising how you may think you look ugly but a lot of people who see you think you are gorgeous!

I have to admit I have the same regret "If I hadn't cut it I will be X length by now" but these are the lessons we have to learn from

Also, please don't fall into the trap that your hair is what makes you feminine. Don't let society define how much of a woman you are! If you feel feminine with a buzz cut and a full suit, then you are feminine!

Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
    Your curls are so pretty .
    Thank you so much!

Length
    Pixie/MBL/TB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Don't worry so much about it! We are our worst critics, it's surprising how you may think you look ugly but a lot of people who see you think you are gorgeous!

I have to admit I have the same regret "If I hadn't cut it I will be X length by now" but these are the lessons we have to learn from

Also, please don't fall into the trap that your hair is what makes you feminine. Don't let society define how much of a woman you are! If you feel feminine with a buzz cut and a full suit, then you are feminine!
    :
    You are definitely right! Everyone keeps asking me why I’m growing the pixie out because they think it looks so great on me and that they wish they could pull it off, but I’ve just not been feeling it. Unfortunately I’ve not regularly felt feminine for a long while, even when my hair was longer, so the short hair has not been helping. I’m not sure what the remedy for a femininity crisis is lol

Length
    3/3/30
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

You are definitely right! Everyone keeps asking me why I’m growing the pixie out because they think it looks so great on me and that they wish they could pull it off, but I’ve just not been feeling it. Unfortunately I’ve not regularly felt feminine for a long while, even when my hair was longer, so the short hair has not been helping. I’m not sure what the remedy for a femininity crisis is lol
    I'm feeling exactly the same as you right now lol. My friends and family are saying the same thing like 'oh but you suit a short hair so much!' and I'm like 'but I don't look feminine and I hate it'. I'm trying to help my personal situation by growing and painting my nails, wearing pretty makeup and putting decorative clips in my hair. I'm trying to dress a little more feminine too but it's difficult when I've been a tomboy all my life. Do try dressing up your pixie in the meantime while it's growing, it's a small act that helps me a lot

Definitely, I think it's mostly psychological. We are so used to think "short hair=boys"(even when we see other women rocking the style), that when we have it we tend to feel like we lost that part that defined us as women. I mean, even me when I see someone's back with long hair I automatically assume it's a woman without thinking it twice. But I think it's mostly how we are raised, that we have to show constantly how much of a woman/man you are. I think the definitive solution is learning to accept that the social standards of what's feminine and what's not shouldn't affect us, but it's a long journey so here some ideas for a short-term fix for the feminity crisis
    • Start with the space you spend more time in, try to have more feminine stuff there: Cute pictures, pillows, flowers, candles
    • Femenine underwear. For real. Flowery, push-ups, bold colours, lace, thongs. I think these help a lot with your self-image as (maybe almost)no one else is going to see it. And self-esteem is the more important part.
    • Wear dresses and skirts, if you don't feel comfortable in those you can try to adapt them to your style (black skirt with boots for a rocker style, tights or leggings for a casual one, longer skirts for a more hippie style...)
    • Wear accessories, necklaces, bracelets, scarves... These definitely help with looking feminine without losing your style.
    • Learn about skincare and make up your own daily skincare routine
    • Do your nails at home at least once a week. There are some pretty designs, but the best is to start with simple colours.
    • Wear makeup. If you have never worn makeup before the best is start with simpler, natural looks (concealer, mascara and gloss is a great start) a couple of times a week. and once you get used to it you can increase the days yo use it and the level of complexity
    • Handbag over a backpack
    • Use perfume every day, and have some on your bag to spritz during the day as the smell wears off.
    • Look your posture. Seriously, slouching or walking and sitting with your legs apart makes you look less "feminine". Walk with your back straight and your shoulders back, looking forward and not down, slightly cross your steps as you walk.
    • (Really old-fashioned) But keep your body hair short/nonexistent. Pluck your eyebrows, remove any moustache or beard, keep your body shaved every other day (depending on how fast your hair grows) or wax it.

But I can't emphasise more that all this doesn't matter, at the end of the day what really matters is how you feel with yourself and just because we don't conform to society's notion of femininity doesn't mean we are less worthy in any sense.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Well, yesterday I decided to take a wet length check photo as it seemed like I couldn't get a good photo of it stretched. And now I don't know if to call it shoulder length yet or wait a couple of months as it's barely Neck length when curly, and also that wait I'll have a more solid shoulder length and not just my mullet.

Also, any tips for hair that keep getting caught in collars? With the colder months my hair has started to get caught into everything I wear. I can make a ponytail with most of my hair but the front pieces are not quite there yet and keep falling off.

Length
    Chin/APL/TBD
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

I had a short pixie for about a year.
    I honestly really liked it on myself, and I got a lot of compliments. But I also had preschoolers asking if I was a boy or a girl, and that gets a little odd.
    I think no matter how great of a pixie you've got you'll always have people wanting you to grow it out because they're more use to women having long hair.
    I grew mine out mostly because I knew when I was away at college I wasn't going to be able to maintain it as well. Pixies look weird without frequent trims.
    Growing them out is also a pain, and they inevitably look weird in between different stages, but a good hairstylist will help.
    Mine has grown out a pixie herself, so she was able to work with my Hair to give different styles that don't look awkward in between.
    Personally, I'd rather have a slower growing process and have my hair look like it was cut purposefully than not cut at all to keep the length.
    It took maybe a year to get to a Bob length, which I've now had for about five years, in various styles.
    I'm also at that stage where it's barely at the bottom of my neck, and it feels super long to me.
    I don't really have tips for any cold weather, floridian here, but I think the best thing to do when growing out from super short is have fun with each stage and look at different actresses through history with short hair.
    I mean, Audrey Hepburn had a pixie, and you can't get much more iconic than that.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    I had a short pixie for about a year.
    I honestly really liked it on myself, and I got a lot of compliments. But I also had preschoolers asking if I was a boy or a girl, and that gets a little odd.
    I think no matter how great of a pixie you've got you'll always have people wanting you to grow it out because they're more use to women having long hair.
    I grew mine out mostly because I knew when I was away at college I wasn't going to be able to maintain it as well. Pixies look weird without frequent trims.
    Growing them out is also a pain, and they inevitably look weird in between different stages, but a good hairstylist will help.
    Mine has grown out a pixie herself, so she was able to work with my Hair to give different styles that don't look awkward in between.
    Personally, I'd rather have a slower growing process and have my hair look like it was cut purposefully than not cut at all to keep the length.
    It took maybe a year to get to a Bob length, which I've now had for about five years, in various styles.
    I'm also at that stage where it's barely at the bottom of my neck, and it feels super long to me.
    I don't really have tips for any cold weather, floridian here, but I think the best thing to do when growing out from super short is have fun with each stage and look at different actresses through history with short hair.
    I mean, Audrey Hepburn had a pixie, and you can't get much more iconic than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by twinings View Post
    I'm feeling exactly the same as you right now lol. My friends and family are saying the same thing like 'oh but you suit a short hair so much!' and I'm like 'but I don't look feminine and I hate it'. I'm trying to help my personal situation by growing and painting my nails, wearing pretty makeup and putting decorative clips in my hair. I'm trying to dress a little more feminine too but it's difficult when I've been a tomboy all my life. Do try dressing up your pixie in the meantime while it's growing, it's a small act that helps me a lot
    Definitely, I think it's mostly psychological. We are so used to think "short hair=boys"(even when we see other women rocking the style), that when we have it we tend to feel like we lost that part that defined us as women. I mean, even me when I see someone's back with long hair I automatically assume it's a woman without thinking it twice. But I think it's mostly how we are raised, that we have to show constantly how much of a woman/man you are. I think the definitive solution is learning to accept that the social standards of what's feminine and what's not shouldn't affect us, but it's a long journey so here some ideas for a short-term fix for the feminity crisis
    • Start with the space you spend more time in, try to have more feminine stuff there: Cute pictures, pillows, flowers, candles
    • Femenine underwear. For real. Flowery, push-ups, bold colours, lace, thongs. I think these help a lot with your self-image as (maybe almost)no one else is going to see it. And self-esteem is the more important part.
    • Wear dresses and skirts, if you don't feel comfortable in those you can try to adapt them to your style (black skirt with boots for a rocker style, tights or leggings for a casual one, longer skirts for a more hippie style...)
    • Wear accessories, necklaces, bracelets, scarves... These definitely help with looking feminine without losing your style.
    • Learn about skincare and make up your own daily skincare routine
    • Do your nails at home at least once a week. There are some pretty designs, but the best is to start with simple colours.
    • Wear makeup. If you have never worn makeup before the best is start with simpler, natural looks (concealer, mascara and gloss is a great start) a couple of times a week. and once you get used to it you can increase the days yo use it and the level of complexity
    • Handbag over a backpack
    • Use perfume every day, and have some on your bag to spritz during the day as the smell wears off.
    • Look your posture. Seriously, slouching or walking and sitting with your legs apart makes you look less "feminine". Walk with your back straight and your shoulders back, looking forward and not down, slightly cross your steps as you walk.
    • (Really old-fashioned) But keep your body hair short/nonexistent. Pluck your eyebrows, remove any moustache or beard, keep your body shaved every other day (depending on how fast your hair grows) or wax it.

But I can't emphasise more that all this doesn't matter, at the end of the day what really matters is how you feel with yourself and just because we don't conform to society's notion of femininity doesn't mean we are less worthy in any sense.
    A bunch of advice that I myself need right now! Hair length doesn't determine how one feels about oneself!

Years ago, Reader's Digest ran an excerpt of Norman Mailer's biography of Marilyn Monroe. One day, while he was interviewing her for the book, Marilyn suddenly got the urge to go shopping. Mr. Mailer was aghast. "You can't do that! You're famous! You'll get mobbed!" But she assured him it would be all right.

She dressed down. She went as Norma Jean. She was right. Not a soul recognized her.

When they returned to her place, she explained that her beauty was all in her mind.

(I need to buy the book & read what he actually wrote. This is just a paraphrase.)

Length
    Pixie/SL/MBL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Well I did something a little crazy about three weeks ago. I went and got an undercut! It goes from about an inch above my ears down to a V on the back of my head. It really pulled me out of my hair rut at the time, and I really love it. My hair is so much easier to wash and lays a lot flatter in the back.

But. Now I'm conflicted again. I've been thinking about cutting back short just because my longer hair is bothering me a lot. The front is finally about jaw length, and it's constantly getting in my eyes. I can't pull the front up in a ponytail. Just with a big headband that hides it all. I've also been getting some breakage on the side of my head that I sleep on, and I can't use a satin pillow case with the type of pillow I use. I got a cheap satin cap at Walmart and it made my ears raw and left a line on my forehead for hours. I shower at night and it takes several hours to dry, so that messes with what I can do at night. So I've been thinking about cutting short and keeping the undercut, or cutting the undercut higher and growing out the top to where it can be ponytailed or bunned.

Then I watched a Silvousplaits tutorial today and I just wanna be able to have BSL hair to do a bunch of amazing things with. But that doesn't happen overnight. It'll probably be at least another year and a half or two years before I reach that. I don't know if I can handle that. So I guess I'll just keep doing nothing until I'm fed up with it enough. Hair is hard.

Length
    28"/36"/Long
    Type
    2c/F/ii

You could drape a large silk or satin scarf over your pillow...