Thread: Almost all of the Stash for Sale

The Naughty Mess says.... Seeshami's Avatar
    Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Almost all of the Stash for Sale

Quote Originally Posted by enting View Post
    You're also good for lots of other things. Among them, I think you used to make butterfly wing ficcares sometime in the past? I thought those were cool.
    But being in real life is totally legit.

--
    Can someone please love the pineapple sticks enough that I don't need to be tempted by them? More hairtoys are not what I need to be spending money on right now.
    Yes I did put weird things in ficcares. Butterfly wings, beetle wings, lace, eyeshadow, random abalone laminate, crushed gemstones in a lotus. Pretty sure I never actually did the pressed ferns and flowers but that was a plan.
    That was by far the most expensive mad science.

The pineapple beads themselves are really actually very cool glass work. The sticks seemed to never ever dry for their varnish and have little black fuzziest from the velvet pouch and an interesting texture embedded in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    Whew...I thought you were going to announce a big chop as well LOL

Your hair is gorgeous (always was) and I am so happy you have found someone to trust to do the maintenance work
    A cut back down the road is understandable; you will know when/how much to snip when the time comes....or do it a little at a time and stop where it feels good.

You are a highly creative person ....I loved when you posted ....and have missed you and your videos!
    It makes me sad to hear that you feel like that here, and are treated like that IRL, because I value you for more than your hair (((hugs)))

Do what you need to do....it isn't selfish, but good for the soul....and I will look forward to when you pop in again!

I wish you every happiness and blessing
    Aww thank you, you're so sweet. Life doesn't always get to be easy but I haven't given up. My marriage is much better than it was, I work for am AMAZING company that I love, I have moved into a beautiful home, and my cats are healthy so it's not all bad. I am even actively trying to make friends in real life and have an active role in a social circle. It's obnoxious right now, but someday it will be fun.

The naughty mess says, "I plead innocent!"
    Should have kept your snaggles off the keyboard and plead the 5th.

Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post
    I'm sorry you feel that way, it sounds like an awful feeling and staying away from somewhere that made you feel like that is a wise decision - you absolutely have to do what's best for you. What I meant but failed to communicate was that it would be good to have your input and experience in the discussions we sometimes have over on that thread (but I'm not at all trying to persuade you to spend more time here, simply explaining). I joined here after you and several others had become less/inactive and only really seen a few of your old posts but in those you sounded great fun, and creative as Groovy Granny said - your skirt bun video amazed me, to both think up something as 'out-of-the box' like that and then get it to work!! Awesome! Again, though, you have to do what's best for you so please don't take this is any attempt at anything other than observation from a relative newcomer

I'm also really glad you've found a good, reliable hairdresser; truly a magical unicorn! She could be the founder of a Longhair-Approved Stylists guild or something ... Ah well, we can dream!
    Yes the Emily is a gem. I love her very much we are doing pulp riot Raven colors in my end when she feels better this up coming week.

No promises, but I will at least lurk in the thread a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Seeshami View Post
    Yes I did put weird things in ficcares. Butterfly wings, beetle wings, lace, eyeshadow, random abalone laminate, crushed gemstones in a lotus. Pretty sure I never actually did the pressed ferns and flowers but that was a plan.

The pineapple beads themselves are really actually very cool glass work. The sticks seemed to never ever dry for their varnish and have little black fuzziest from the velvet pouch and an interesting texture embedded in it.

Aww thank you, you're so sweet. Life doesn't always get to be easy but I haven't given up. My marriage is much better than it was, I work for am AMAZING company that I love, I have moved into a beautiful home, and my cats are healthy so it's not all bad. I am even actively trying to make friends in real life and have an active role in a social circle. It's obnoxious right now, but someday it will be fun.
    The ficcares were awesome; the giftees were very lucky!

I am so happy to hear your marriage survived; last I had heard it was not going well.

Wow...and a new house and job...how wonderful....and your kitties are well

You are doing better socially then I am these days; I am becoming an old hermit whose friends passed on much to early, and I now cherish my seclusion (I still have my DH, kids, and grandsons)

Good for you...turning things around so well

Length
    8 in./40 in/50 in
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Quote Originally Posted by sarahlabyrinth View Post
    not here to buy, but to say that i was worried that maybe you had or were thinking of cutting your hair and what a relief to see that you still have your naughty mess! He looks amazing!
    i had the same idea. So glad that you are keeping your long mermaidish hair!
    Oldest LHC Member Currently holding the title: The Eldest
    Radical Believer in the Kingdom of God being here at hand.

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I personally love checking in on the forum and being blessed enough to find a “mess.”

Length
    28"/35"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

About feeling like you're only good for hair pictures- I've seen a lot of your old posts, and I thought you had a pretty big presence here just from reading older threads and hearing about your ficcare expiriments. I've never seen your hair before now, or even heard it mentioned, actually. So if you were to come back and do nothing but make jokes or snark around the friendship board, I think people would be glad to have you. Now that I've seen your hair I can get why people would focus on it, though! Gorgeous, and you have good taste in colors.

Rude sidenote- those Elymwolds are my dream fork. If you ever decide to sell one or both, please let me know. I would sacrifice my firstborn.
    .................................................. ............... .......
    ................................ ......................................BSL-MBL-WL-HIP-BCL-TBL-CLASSIC

Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    The ficcares were awesome; the giftees were very lucky!

I am so happy to hear your marriage survived; last I had heard it was not going well.

Wow...and a new house and job...how wonderful....and your kitties are well

You are doing better socially then I am these days; I am becoming an old hermit whose friends passed on much to early, and I now cherish my seclusion (I still have my DH, kids, and grandsons)

Good for you...turning things around so well
    I had to lose a lot of things in life to get here but in all honesty it's been worth it. I have a dream job, my company builds cube and micro satellites. I touch things that go to space.

Quote Originally Posted by bparnell75 View Post
    i had the same idea. So glad that you are keeping your long mermaidish hair!
    I have figured out that my photos have disappeared so I am thinking no one has seen the horror or me with short hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I personally love checking in on the forum and being blessed enough to find a “mess.”
    Did you see the rainbow ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
    About feeling like you're only good for hair pictures- I've seen a lot of your old posts, and I thought you had a pretty big presence here just from reading older threads and hearing about your ficcare expiriments. I've never seen your hair before now, or even heard it mentioned, actually. So if you were to come back and do nothing but make jokes or snark around the friendship board, I think people would be glad to have you. Now that I've seen your hair I can get why people would focus on it, though! Gorgeous, and you have good taste in colors.

Rude sidenote- those Elymwolds are my dream fork. If you ever decide to sell one or both, please let me know. I would sacrifice my firstborn.
    I have debated many times separating the set but I think they are the largest matched set he ever made. I got them on the tail end of Nigel's struggle with his hands and when he went to strictly turning.
    Last edited by Seeshami; August 18th, 2019 at 08:01 PM.

IDK I feel ignored a lot of the times on the board and that I am only good for Naughty Mess pictures. It's a ****ty feeling to have that your only good for hair pictures on a board that meant a lot to you at one point. So I generally shamelessly avoid this place, I have a family and a bunch of other jerk holes in my life that make it priority #1 to make me feel like worthless dirt.
    I am sorry you don't feel heard here. I'm a newer member, but I can say I've definitely seen some posts from people get kind of glossed over, BUT then other really similar posts from different people get a lot of attention... I don't think it's anything personal against anyone tho, I think sometimes it just depends on what time things were posted, or when people get a chance to log on maybe they only notice the newer posts, OR maybe they only have time to reply to one or two posts that day so have to pick...

So I don't think that they're ignoring specific things/people. Just a thought, I dunno...I could be wrong of course lol. Anyways I think you should definitely give the forums another shot!

And I have to say, these sound FASCINATING, are there pictures still lurking about of these?
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!

~ ~

has notorious buns Wildcat Diva's Avatar
    some kind of hunting lodge for rich weirdos
    Length
    16/35/real
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I DID see the rainbow ends and I LOVE them.

Just wanted to clarify that while I love your hair and I think that it’s beyond compare... I’ll take your rebel personality and spunk any day of the week. Which is really difficult to say, because taking in your hair pictures is a pretty awesome experience. (As someone who is an avid giver of my own hairy pictures to this forum, I feel that I can freely admit that vice without blushing).

Length
    4/51.5/Until
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrina View Post

And I have to say, these sound FASCINATING, are there pictures still lurking about of these?
    I do not anoymore....the people who have them probably have pictures. My Photobucket took all Lhc photos and dumped them when I refused to pay their fees. Maybe my Etsy, but I closed my shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat Diva View Post
    I DID see the rainbow ends and I LOVE them.

Just wanted to clarify that while I love your hair and I think that it’s beyond compare... I’ll take your rebel personality and spunk any day of the week. Which is really difficult to say, because taking in your hair pictures is a pretty awesome experience. (As someone who is an avid giver of my own hairy pictures to this forum, I feel that I can freely admit that vice without blushing).
    I loved them too. I had it done for my vacation in Vegas. Husband and I did a lot of fun stuff, it does suck I had to spend most of the trip self medicating with alcohol. It should have been a good vacation